Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Another REP-1213 Error Issue (Oracle 10G)
Another REP-1213 Error Issue [message #342187] Thu, 21 August 2008 11:34 Go to next message
tsyddl1
I would like to create a report layout WITHOUT the report wizard. I have created my data model without any groupings as I would like to create the layout freeform without any levels. There are no calculations to be made. When I try creating my very first database field, I get the error rep-1213: Field 'F_sup_name' references column 'sup_name' at a frequency below it's group. Everything I've read on this, refers to repeating frames. I have not created any repeating frames, and none are displayed in the object navigator. I am also confused by frequencies, as I have no groups. Is it possible to create a layout manually, or must one use the wizard? I find the wizard to restrictive for my needs.
Re: Another REP-1213 Error Issue [message #342205 is a reply to message #342187] Thu, 21 August 2008 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sriramkgg
I believe what you are trying to do is creating a field in the layout model without any repeating frame.

If this is the case how do you suppose the fields in your group will get printed without a repeating frame.

you have to create a repeating frame for each group. then you create fields inside the repeating frame. the repeating frame for a sub group should be enclosed within the repeating frame of the parent group. but the sub group thing doesnt apply in your case because you have only one group.

u can very well create a layout manually and in my opinion it is the better way to create a layout for a tabular report or tabular group by report
icon6.gif  Re: Another REP-1213 Error Issue [message #343208 is a reply to message #342205] Tue, 26 August 2008 11:28 Go to previous message
bgprice
I am assuming that you want to print values from the database and not just wanting to print boilerplate text. I am also assuming that you have a value to use in a query.

You have to have a key to use to query information. When I do this, I am usually passing in a parameter value such as a user’s id.

Go to the data model and use the formula column tool to retrieve the data to print. For example, if I want to get a user’s name I create the formula column and enter the following in the PL/SQL formula.

function CF_username return Char is
tmp VARCHAR2(50);
begin
BEGIN
SELECT SUBSTR(fname,1,1)||'.'||lname
INTO tmp
FROM personnel_data
WHERE user_id = :p_userid;
EXCEPTION
WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
tmp := ‘User not found’;
END;

RETURN tmp;
end;

You can use the name anywhere including the margins. Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: potrait to landscape
Next Topic: Save Excel file to disk: Is there a way to rename default file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 18:42:40 CDT 2024