Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Double Page Break problem (Reports 6i, Windows OS)
Double Page Break problem [message #339008] Wed, 06 August 2008 08:38 Go to next message
Hiro_ZA
Hi there

I'm an Oracle Analyst developer, and have not used Reports builder for many,many years so please bear with me if i ask "silly" questions Sad

anyways, i have been tasked with fixing a report which is printing a blank page,for every page of data. In other words, the printout is as follows :

Data..Blank page...Data..Blank Page..Data..etc,etc,etc

we are using Oracle Apps. I ran the report and chose "noprint" and took a look at the text file which was produced. I can see where the problem is on the actual text of report, i just don't know how to fix it in Report Builder.

There appears to be a double page break at the end of each page of data. the last line of each page has what looks like 2 squares, side by side.

I took a look at the output of another report which is NOT printing the blank pages, and this report has only a single block (which I assume is the page break)

so how do i remove this extra page break? where can i find it ?

thanks!
Re: Double Page Break problem [message #339108 is a reply to message #339008] Wed, 06 August 2008 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It looks like both "Page Break Before" and "Page Break After" frame properties set to "Yes". Select it in Paper Layout, open its Property Inspector window and change one (or both?) of these properties to "No".
Re: Double Page Break problem [message #339278 is a reply to message #339108] Thu, 07 August 2008 03:45 Go to previous message
Hiro_ZA
Hiya

thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.

I found a frame which had the "Page Break After" set to yes, but even after I set it to "NO" i can see that the report still has two of the "new page" squares on it.

any other thoughts ?

-Hiro

Previous Topic: graphs in report
Next Topic: Printing Report on papers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:47:33 CDT 2024