Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Bold Chinese Character in pdf
Bold Chinese Character in pdf [message #331094] Wed, 02 July 2008 05:29 Go to next message
raywong9i
Hi all,

My 10g reports have chinese characters and they are bold.
It's ok when I run it in Report Builder Previewer, and it also works fine when I run it on AS and printed it directly to printer.

However, when I generate the report to pdf, then the characters are not BOLD. I have try to use conditional formating and SRW.SET_FONT_WEIGHT, but still can't solve the problem.

But it's ok for english words:(

Can anyone help me out ? I really have no idea now ???
Is it related to the unifont.ali file setting ???
Re: Bold Chinese Character in pdf [message #331253 is a reply to message #331094] Wed, 02 July 2008 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you check what Adobe says about Chinese characters?
Re: Bold Chinese Character in pdf [message #331286 is a reply to message #331253] Wed, 02 July 2008 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raywong9i
That's a good idea, I will try to check it.

However, I am suspecting it's a problem about the pdf file generation problem from Oracle report, so..... Embarassed

Just want to know are there any people have the same problem for non-English characters.

But, thanks any way.
Re: Bold Chinese Character in pdf [message #331948 is a reply to message #331094] Sun, 06 July 2008 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raywong9i
finally know that this is because bold is not supported for font subsetting. Sad
Re: Bold Chinese Character in pdf [message #378135 is a reply to message #331094] Mon, 29 December 2008 01:55 Go to previous message
sasimogan
Hi,

pls let me know how to generate chinese char in pdf.

I've some statis text in oracle rep. when i tried to generate in pdf ,chinese char are not displaying properly.

whil running itn the papaer layout ist coming properly
while generating from pdf is not displaying properly.

Pls let me know your system setup (font, nls_setting etc...)

thanks,
Sm
Previous Topic: when check box check (check record will not show in report )
Next Topic: Over Lapping fields in multi-pages reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 15:00:32 CDT 2024