Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » after parameter form (oracle report builder 10g)  () 1 Vote
after parameter form [message #329571] Wed, 25 June 2008 22:09 Go to next message
norsab
hai..

i want to know how would i do if i have more than one function or condition to be run in after parameter form pl/sql?i try to click the "new" button in the after parameter form pl/sql to create 2nd funtion pl/sql under the after parameter form but when i run the report,my 2nd after parameter pl/sql did not fired successfully.my report did not generated the output that i want..anyone have ideas about this?its urgent..

thanks
Re: after parameter form [message #329615 is a reply to message #329571] Thu, 26 June 2008 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Either put all the code into the same AFTER PARAMETER FORM trigger (if possible), or create your own function(s)/procedure(s); to do that, use "Program Units" node of the Object Navigator window. Once you're done, call these procedures from the AFTER PARAMETER FORM trigger.
Re: after parameter form [message #329622 is a reply to message #329571] Thu, 26 June 2008 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norsab
thanks for the reply..

I have created the new function using the program unit at object navigator but how to call this new function from after parameter form?what is the correct way to call this new function?

thanks
Re: after parameter form [message #329628 is a reply to message #329622] Thu, 26 June 2008 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Just like any function you call in a PL/SQL block. As function returns a value, AFTER PARAMETER FORM trigger should have a variable declaration section; once you declare this variable, call a function as
  l_cnt := fun_count_employees(:par_deptno);
Or, if you are calling a procedure, it is even simpler - just name it:
  prc_do_something;
Re: after parameter form [message #329938 is a reply to message #329571] Fri, 27 June 2008 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norsab
hi,
referring to your example to call the function in after parameter form

l_cnt := fun_count_employees(:par_deptno);

the "l_cnt" := is refer to what?is't the name of the function?

and the "fun_count_employees" is the variable that you declare right?

sorry..my question seems basic,because i am new in pl/sql..

thanks
Re: after parameter form [message #329965 is a reply to message #329938] Fri, 27 June 2008 02:42 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
l_cnt                 : variable
fun_count_employees   : function 
:par_deptno           : parameter

Perhaps you'd want to read PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference book found at Oracle 10g Documentation page.
Previous Topic: Existing discoverer 4i to database 10g
Next Topic: get number of total page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 19:38:54 CDT 2024