Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » drop down list based on 1th parameter value (oracle report builder 10g)
icon4.gif  drop down list based on 1th parameter value [message #329042] Mon, 23 June 2008 21:26 Go to next message
norsab
i have 2 parameter in my report.I want to create a drop down list on the 2nd parameter based on the first parameter value.
can this be doing using the LOV?

Re: drop down list based on 1th parameter value [message #329070 is a reply to message #329042] Tue, 24 June 2008 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Until recently, I'd suggest you to create your own parameter form using Forms Builder.

However, one of Forum members said that he managed to do that using Java code in one of report triggers. Unfortunately, he didn't care to share the knowledge with the rest of the community, so all I can do is point you to his topic. You might contact him via private messaging system or send him an e-mail; perhaps you'll get the answer.

If you do, and if it works, please, post the solution.

P.S. I don't know Java so I can't code it myself. Sorry.
Re: drop down list based on 1th parameter value [message #329089 is a reply to message #329070] Tue, 24 June 2008 01:02 Go to previous message
norsab
hi..

I cannot send private msg to him/her because it was disable by the user...hope anyone cn help me regarding the java code..

thanks
Previous Topic: Report
Next Topic: SQL to find folders by view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 13:30:37 CDT 2024