Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » change report direction
change report direction [message #322633] Sun, 25 May 2008 09:06 Go to next message
Rafeek
hi all
i user oracle report 10g R2.
how can i change the report direction at run time?
(exmple the report columns start from right or start from left at run time)
thax 4 helping me
Rafeek

[Updated on: Sun, 25 May 2008 09:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: change report direction [message #322649 is a reply to message #322633] Sun, 25 May 2008 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
the report columns start from right or start from left at run time
Does it mean that, if it was a report based on Scott's "dept" table, once it looks like
DEPTNO DNAME LOC
and another time as
LOC DNAME DEPTNO
Or, would you like to change the way information is read (for example, we (in Croatia) write and read from left to right (LTR) (the way we use on this Forum), while people who use Arab or Hebrew write and read from right to left (RTL))?

If it is the first scenario, I'm afraid that there's no easy way to do that (at least, I don't know it). You have to create report layout during development time (i.e. not run time). However, if it is such a simple "dept" example, you'd create two layouts, one overlaping the other, and create Format Triggers which would return TRUE or FALSE, depending on LTR or RTL flag set before running the report. If a field is set to FALSE, it is not displayed.

Of course, if there are many fields, it will certainly become awfully complicated and you'd rather create two different reports.

If, on the other hand, you'd like to use RTL language, I can't help you about it - I've never had to do something like that. You could, however, search for "Arab" or "right to left" here or in Arabic forum.
Re: change report direction [message #322872 is a reply to message #322633] Mon, 26 May 2008 09:31 Go to previous message
Rafeek
when change report property
(Direction=Right to Left or Left to Right)
it is work good to me .
how can i change it at runtime?
Quote:

[i]i use this code to chang the name of my report[/i]
unction AfterPForm return boolean is
begin
SRW.ADD_DEFINITION ('<report name="report_test1" author="Ree" DTDVersion="1.0">');
SRW.ADD_DEFINITION ('</report>');
SRW.APPLY_DEFINITION;
return (TRUE);
end;
can i use this idea to change the report Direction Property?

can anyone help me?
Thanx
Rafeek

[Updated on: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Sending reports as attachment through email
Next Topic: Report taking Long time in discoverer desktop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:07:35 CDT 2024