Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Retrieve Business Area (Oracle Discoverer 10g)
Retrieve Business Area [message #319446] Sun, 11 May 2008 06:24 Go to next message
rafi_aamiri
Hi,

There is a login id TEST123 in the development environment with admin access and the business area TEST is used to create discoverer reports and the version is 10.1.2.1

By mistake the other developer went to the menu,

Tools --> Security --> Select Business Area (Tab)

and selected the business area TEST and removed from the Select Business Area and also he pressed the OK button when the warning message appeared.

When I try to run the report error message was shown and when I tried to login into administration using the id TEST123 and i was schoked to notice that the business area TEST is not available

I tried logging with other user id TEST1 but unable to find the business area TEST.

All the reports developed are available only under the business area TEST

So please help me to know who to over come this issue to again retrieve the business area TEST of the user id TEST123.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Retrieve Business Area [message #321149 is a reply to message #319446] Mon, 19 May 2008 04:27 Go to previous message
skooman
Despite your detailed description, I still don't get what happened, sorry.

Do you mean the BA TEST actually still does exist but some user(s) can not access it anymore? Or do you mean the BA TEST is deleted?

If it's deleted, then there is little you can do (except to go back to a backup that was made before that mistake occured).

If the access rights are gone, the administrator or previous owner (test123?) should be able to grant access to it. As far as I am aware, it's not possible to revoke your own rights on your own BA's.

Previous Topic: selectiuon date
Next Topic: Bad output orientation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 15:34:30 CDT 2024