Home » RDBMS Server » Security » trigger auditing in Ora 8.1.7.4.1
trigger auditing in Ora 8.1.7.4.1 [message #29202] Tue, 17 February 2004 10:59 Go to next message
ChristiDB
My client needs historical logs on enabling & disabling of triggers.  I grepped in their alert logs & traces (udump & bdump) for 'trig' (case insensitive) and don't see any hits.  I explored the system tables I knew about that referenced triggers and ran searches on Orafaq & OTN.  I don't see any references on how to pull this information now (btw: timed statistics is on).

My only solution at this point is to create an audit trigger on the dba_trigger table (if that is allowed), to populated a new historical audit trigger table.

Anyone have another solution?     

BTW: My client is stuck at release 8.1.7.4.1 due to a 3rd party business application they are highly dependendt on. 
Re: trigger auditing in Ora 8.1.7.4.1 [message #29203 is a reply to message #29202] Tue, 17 February 2004 11:51 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
You can use the built-in auditing (via the AUDIT command) to specifically audit specific DDL (such as enable/disable trigger).

You can also use DDL event triggers and built-in variables such as:

ora_sysevent
ora_login_user
ora_database_name
ora_dict_obj_type
ora_dict_obj_name
ora_dict_obj_owner

to monitor and log specific changes. A template for a trigger would be something like:

create or replace trigger trg_audit
after alter on schema  -- or database
begin
  if ora_dict_obj_type = 'TRIGGER' then
    -- log it using ora_login_user, ora_dict_obj_name, etc.
  end if;
end;
/
Previous Topic: Unable to connect using OS authentication
Next Topic: Privs to a user.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:30:58 CDT 2024