Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Output Japanese Characters from Reports 6i to XML? (Reports 6i, UNIX OS)
Output Japanese Characters from Reports 6i to XML? [message #317463] Thu, 01 May 2008 08:52 Go to next message
nitlions
I have a 6i report which reads text from the database and outputs everything to XML. There is now a requirement for it to handle Japanese characters.

I was able to do this successfully in Windows by changing my NLS_LANG to UTF8 and changing the field font to a Unicode font. I then ran the report, and the XML that was output contains the correct Japanese characters from the underlying database query.

When I port the report to UNIX, the report runs, but the Japanese characters all show up as upside-down question marks in the XML. If I open the report in Reports Builder from the server, I do not see any Unicode fonts, but it changed my selected font to "clear".

Can anyone suggest the fix to get this working in UNIX? Does a new font need to be installed on the server to support this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Re: Output Japanese Characters from Reports 6i to XML? [message #317548 is a reply to message #317463] Thu, 01 May 2008 19:50 Go to previous message
prabhuapps
Hi,

I have similar kind of issue. I am printing japenese characters(fetching from the database and printing) in my report. It is working fine in my client system. But it is printing only "??????????" if I run in Oracle Apps environment.

Do I need to set up few values in my report to initiate the NLS_LANG ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Prabhu
Previous Topic: query do ot disply proper result in report when run from form
Next Topic: 10g report not running in browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:31:35 CDT 2024