Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Multi-Org Access Control issue in Discoverer (Oracle BI Discoverer 10G and Oracle Apps R12)
Multi-Org Access Control issue in Discoverer [message #316941] Mon, 28 April 2008 21:56 Go to next message
gottipati_rk
Hi All,

We are developing the reports in Oracle BI Discoverer 10G on Release12. In Release12
Multi Org Views are now replaced by RLS Secured Synonyms.

Generally in 11i ,A table is created in AP Schema, named AP_INVOICES_ALL, A synonym named AP_INVOICES_ALL is created in APPS schema referring to AP.AP_INVOICES_ALL and Create a Org Specific view AP_INVOICES in APPS schem

In R12, A table is created in AP Schema as AP_INVOICES_ALL, a synonym named AP_INVOICES_ALL is created in APPS schema, referring to AP.AP_INVOICES_ALL and Another synonym named AP_INVOICES is created in APPS, referring to AP_INVOICES_ALL, A Row Level security is applied to AP_INVOICES, using package function MO_GLOBAL.ORG_SECURITY.

Every body will know this.

But, my client wants implement the security for reports at org level. Here in R12 all the Multi-Org views are replced with RLS synonyms and we can access the multiple organizations data in single responsibility.

I tried like i have created one custom folder with synonym(select * from apps.ap_invoices) and i have login with xxx responsibility which attached "MO: security profile" with two organizations.

If i develop the work sheet with this folder , i can able to see only one org data that is assigned by the "MO: Operating Unit".

Please suggest me how to implement the multi-Org Access Control in release12 for discoverer reports.

Please reply , its very urjent to know.

If u doesnt understand my question , i will explain clearly.

Regards,
Ramakrishna
Re: Multi-Org Access Control issue in Discoverer [message #317003 is a reply to message #316941] Tue, 29 April 2008 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
I'm not sure what the issue is here. Do you mean that you expect this workbook based on the new folder to show data for 2 org's whereas you are only getting data for 1 org?
Re: Multi-Org Access Control issue in Discoverer [message #317079 is a reply to message #317003] Tue, 29 April 2008 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gottipati_rk
Exactly,

If i use the NLS synonym to create the workbook, Its not considering the MO: Security Profile set to that responsibility. Its considering only MO: Operating Unit set to that responsibility.

Regards,
Ramakrishna.
Re: Multi-Org Access Control issue in Discoverer [message #317084 is a reply to message #317079] Tue, 29 April 2008 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gottipati_rk
Here in R12 all the views are replaced with NLS Synonyms.

If i use the Multi-Org view, it will give the data for only one operating unit. Here , i have used the NLS synonym means that it has to give the multiple operating units data if i set the MO: Security Profile to my responsibility and that Security Profile is attached to multiple operating units.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramakrishna
Re: Multi-Org Access Control issue in Discoverer [message #317099 is a reply to message #317084] Tue, 29 April 2008 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
And you have verified that in the screens it works correctly?
Re: Multi-Org Access Control issue in Discoverer [message #317123 is a reply to message #316941] Tue, 29 April 2008 11:10 Go to previous message
gottipati_rk
Its showing correctly in apps fornt-end Screens.
Previous Topic: Change the scale for printing
Next Topic: old version of PDF exported from report builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:46:13 CDT 2024