Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Implementing Session Manager - Possibility/ Implications ?
Implementing Session Manager - Possibility/ Implications ? [message #315767] Tue, 22 April 2008 13:40
baldie
Guys,

I have got a couple of questions.

Before i go ahead i just want to know as to whether oracle OC4j gives you the option of providing your own session manager ? if yes i wonder if there is a possibility where i can just hook-in only the functionality of managing the session KeepAlive/TimeOut functionality rather than giving the whole SessionManager implementation ? If not, and if lets say i only have the option to implement the complete SessionManager i wonder how complicated are task are we talking about, i mean would i need look into the Clustering aspects if i do implement one ? and what other aspects would i be looking into, managing my own Hashtable (or otherwise) of sessions, offcourse generating the sessionId...I am just thinking out loud and wondering if i am heading towards a dark alley...

Anyways here is my scenario..

I am working on a new java servlet based application which i need to integrate with our existing applications which are all mod_plsql based apps and have their own session-tracking framework, where they generate their own sessionId against each logged in user and then maintain their session timeout and everything in the database table. On the contrary my apps session timeout is rather handled by my servlet container and right now am looking for ways i could synchronize the session timeouts between these two apps, and i just thought of implementing my own SessionManager which basically manages the time-out based on the time-out/lastAccessTime entries in the table rather than based on the keep-alive signal to the j2ee app itself on every access to the app (as the standard servlet container would).

Thanks in advance..
Previous Topic: Forms crashes (FRM-92101) during Load Performance Testing
Next Topic: Integrating j2ee and mod_plsql apps - Synchronize session timeout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:53:31 CDT 2024