Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Join that will do both inner and outer
Join that will do both inner and outer [message #314476] Wed, 16 April 2008 18:25 Go to next message
thestappa
Hello,

I have a situation where I set up an outer join for a parent/child relationship. I went with an outer join because I have reports where I want to see parent info as well as any child info if it exists. However, I am now working on a report for the children and I need some parent info. Problem is the conditions are based on the child info, none on the parent. So I get all of the parent records in the database because of the join.

Is there a way to make the join INNER for that report only? So I only get a parent record if it matches a child on the report.

Maybe this is really simple and I'm not seeing it. I tried doing a child.parentid = parent.id in the condition and it's still returning all the parents even though there is no child.parentid.

This is for Discoverer.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 April 2008 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Join that will do both inner and outer [message #314654 is a reply to message #314476] Thu, 17 April 2008 07:03 Go to previous message
skooman
You have to create two different joins (one outerjoin and one equijoin). Tip: give them meaningful descriptions Wink
Once you select data from both tables, Discoverer will ask you which join to use.
Previous Topic: Drill down report on web layout using hyperlink
Next Topic: Report to Execl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 13:59:14 CDT 2024