Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Proc Pro*C issues in Oracle 10g Really need help (HP-TRU-64 UNIX running Oracle 10g)
Proc Pro*C issues in Oracle 10g Really need help [message #297623] Fri, 01 February 2008 14:54
tgrams
Originally we copied over our Pro*C and Pro*COBOL executables over to the environment that is using Oracle 10g.

We go the following error.
Fatal Error: Cannot map library libclntsh.so.9.0

We created a synthetic link with ln -s to map to the correct version 10 library. The Pro*C programs seemed to be working perfectly. The Pro*COBOL programs would start up but would fail at the first SQL. Recompiling fixed this issue.

Since the Pro*C programs were working perfectly when being launched at the UNIX command prompt or being called from shell scripts we didn't recompile. However when these shell scripts that call the Pro*C programs are being initiated from Oracle Applications they fail when they reach the Pro*C programs.

However when I try to recompile with the new compiler proc taken from $ORACLE_HOME/bin I use the following syntax and get the following error.

make -f proc gil_select
Make: proc: Must be a separator on line 8. Stop.

I don't know if I had the proper make files it would make a difference nor do I know what this error means, I can't find anything about it anywhere on metalink or the web.

We installed the companion CD for Oracle 10g but I rigorously searched everywhere and I am sure we don't have them possibly they are not included in Oracle 10gR2.

If anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate it. Either to make the compilation work or to find any other solution to get these Pro*C programs to work when called from the application.

Thanks so much for your time
Previous Topic: Redeclaring a bind variable in proC
Next Topic: Pass an array to a procedure input
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:47:48 CDT 2024