Home » Other » Community Hangout » What did Santa bring?
What did Santa bring? [message #211167] Tue, 26 December 2006 23:23 Go to next message
rleishman
- 900W Pneumatic SDS hammer/chisel drill
- Belt sander
- The Dangerous Book for Boys - Classic - a must have for Dads and boys.

Looks like I was on the "nice" list this year.

Wife got a topical aquarium, kids got scads and scads of toys / clothes / dressups.
Re: What did Santa bring? [message #211354 is a reply to message #211167] Thu, 28 December 2006 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
- DVD: The Office, season one and two (UK version)
- Book: De Geruchten (The Rumours) by Hugo Claus

MHE
Re: What did Santa bring? [message #211362 is a reply to message #211354] Thu, 28 December 2006 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Snif, must have been a bad boy...
Santa and Sinterklaas (the dutch original of Santa) both went by unnoticed.
Re: What did Santa bring? [message #211382 is a reply to message #211362] Thu, 28 December 2006 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gbarbisan
Santa made my wife and me discover that we are waiting for a girl.

Surprised
Re: What did Santa bring? [message #211458 is a reply to message #211167] Thu, 28 December 2006 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
I got myself a new chair for my desk and a new ankle-length winter fleece robe, that zips up the front from top to bottom, so it is easy to get in and out of. Both were badly needed. I am wearing my new robe, but still sitting in the old chair with the splintering wood and wheels that fall off when I move it. I haven't gotten around to getting the new chair out of the box and putting it together yet. Eventually I will pick a time when I have enough energy and my back isn't hurting too bad and put the chair together. Hopefully I will be sitting in the new chair by the time I am watching the Rose Parade on television on New Year's day.

I got the cats a new bed with a tent over it, sort of like a cave, some balls and catnip toys, and some indoor kitty grass for when it is too cold and windy, like today, to go outside. Two of my cats are elderly, ages 16 and 21, and terminally ill, both with kidney failure and anemia. A 21-year-old cat is comparable to a 100-year-old human. I wasn't sure if they were going to make it to Christmas, but they did. I am not sure if they will make it to New Year's. They both get multiple medications that enable them to have a good quality of life, but they are gradually getting weaker, and could have a heart attack or something and be gone any day now.

I am not much into holiday traditions, like sitting in front of a dead tree in your living room, and eating candy out of your socks. When you think about it that way it seems kind of weird and you have to wonder how such things got started. What sorts of things did the rest of you do on Christmas day or whatever else you celebrate?

While I was typing this, I just noticed that it underlines misspelled words in red. When did that happen? What a great new feature! I am assuming it is the forum that is doing it, or is it the FireFox browser?

Re: What did Santa bring? [message #211472 is a reply to message #211354] Thu, 28 December 2006 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Maaher wrote on Thu, 28 December 2006 20:07
- DVD: The Office, season one and two (UK version)
- Book: De Geruchten (The Rumours) by Hugo Claus

MHE

Santa's evil twin? (thinly veiled Simpsons reference)
Re: What did Santa bring? [message #211510 is a reply to message #211458] Fri, 29 December 2006 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gbarbisan
Barbara Boehmer wrote on Thu, 28 December 2006 23:16

While I was typing this, I just noticed that it underlines misspelled words in red. When did that happen? What a great new feature! I am assuming it is the forum that is doing it, or is it the FireFox browser?

I think it's Firefox, because I too noticed it.
Re: What did Santa bring? [message #211564 is a reply to message #211510] Fri, 29 December 2006 07:54 Go to previous message
joy_division
It's a Firefox 2.0 new feature.
Previous Topic: Happy New Year -- 2007
Next Topic: Dallas waits for its new leader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:13:14 CDT 2024