Home » Other » Community Hangout » I'M GOING TO OPENWORLD
I'M GOING TO OPENWORLD [message #193446] Sat, 16 September 2006 16:15 Go to next message
smartin
Never thought I would. But on Thursday in Jacksonville Oracle Corp had one of their "Technology Days". They do these in various cities all over the place. I saw it on OTN I think, or it may have been emailed to me by them.

Anyway, I went, and it was pretty cool in itself. But the best thing was that they had a raffle for one paid admission to Oracle OpenWorld next month (travel not included, which is just as expensive as the conference itself). All you had to do to enter was to fill out the comment sheet they had for the various sessions and your experience at the Technology Day.

AND I WON!

The guy sitting next to me said he wish he had a camera to get a shot of the look on my face when they drew out my form.

So...I've obviously heard about the conference in San Fran, and I've wanted to go. But since I didn't think it would happen, I never game specific thought to the real details of what exactly I should do while there. So I'm looking for suggestions. Actually I've never been to any Oracle conference, whether it be HOTSOS or IOUG or OOW or anything.

Any specific presenters that I "Can't Miss"? Any to avoid? Anyone know any of the lesser known presenters or the company- success-let-us-tell-you-how-we-implemented-such and such stories that are particularly good or bad? Any oracle topics or fun events or city sites that people would recommend?
Re: I'M GOING TO OPENWORLD [message #198423 is a reply to message #193446] Tue, 17 October 2006 02:36 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if OpenWorld is anything like HrOUG (Croatian OUG annual conference; Hr(vatska) is a local name for Croatia), I guess you'll always wake up "today" and go to bed "tomorrow". Enjoy in a chat with people you've never seen before, taste what sponsors have brought (check the nearby Pub in the Community Hangout to know WHAT to choose).

Of course, you'll attend lessons you find interesting (and it may happen that there'll be more than one you'd like to hear but, as you know, you can't be on two different places at the same moment).

Occasionally, visit online corner and post a message or two here (photos are more than welcome) so that we know how you're doing.

OpenWorld is far too far for me; and, far too expensive as well. However, just today a few of us are going to HrOUG; this year (actually, the last few years) it will take place in Umag, a lovely town in Istra. The weather is nice although it is mid October, I've heard that (some) people still swim in the sea, so I guess we'll enjoy our stay there.

It also means no more smileys from me this week. Cheers! http://www.orafaq.com/forum/fa/1602/0/
Previous Topic: Congratulations JRowbottom - 1000 posts
Next Topic: Countdown to 5000 Posts - Maaher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:21:18 CDT 2024