Home » Other » Community Hangout » Fed up...
Fed up... [message #157968] Tue, 07 February 2006 09:50 Go to next message
Pinocchio
Am fed up of my job.. so bored to the extent that my head is frying, still awaiting calls from those agents but as we all know they only care about thier commision..arghhhhh!!! Mad Mad Mad

Gonna take a few courses as my company will not pay, will better myself and LEAVE.. Glad I got that outta my chest Razz
Re: Fed up... [message #158000 is a reply to message #157968] Tue, 07 February 2006 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you discussed your boredom with your manager?

David
Re: Fed up... [message #158051 is a reply to message #158000] Wed, 08 February 2006 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pinocchio
Hi David,

I have told my manager but it seems like there are is progression in the company for me.I think my better option is to find another ob where i will be offered training. In the mean time i am looking to do a few Oracle courses to assist me in gaining a new job.

What do you think?

Pino
Re: Fed up... [message #158169 is a reply to message #158051] Wed, 08 February 2006 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you installed Oracle 10g XE on your PC? Have you run through ALL the tutorials and demos associated with HTMLDB? If not, do it. If you are bored I assume it is because you have no work to do. If you have work, set yourself targets and mini-targets that will stretch your capabilities. Write systems that are better analysed, better designed, more efficient, more easily maintained, and better documented. Do a job that is absolutely outstanding, even if the only person who sees it is you. Then, when you know, you know how to handle the full development life cycle jobs will appear. You could always try contracting but that is a completely different mind set and life style (I have been contracting for over 30 years and have had 2 'blank periods' of 6 months each, so make sure your mortgage and expenses can handle it).

David
Re: Fed up... [message #158226 is a reply to message #157968] Thu, 09 February 2006 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vban2000
hi

Its true what David says..

In most company, unless you have proven that you are good and capable. (and with some hr-connection), the manager won't give you the important task to handle it.

so the best thing, is to get experience and knowledge. and work on contract.. or BIG company. I think this site is great area for learning. for me, there is huge amount of things yet to be learned.

Pino, if you have enough time. perhaps you can contribute to the forum and assist people in sovling their problem. (which I find is exciting and fun; at the same time you learn by yourself and from many other Gurus at this forum...)

Regards
AnDy

[edit: edit some phrases...]

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2006 01:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fed up... [message #159900 is a reply to message #157968] Wed, 22 February 2006 02:47 Go to previous message
dushyant
pinochio

The statements you have made, i can derive many things out of it, many of them which yourself not aware of.

1.You are bored because of many factors like not liking the present job, doesnt have any work, doesnt have any motivation to work, doesnt find challenging, no good pay etc.

2.You are not getting any other breaks because market doesnt want u, simple and straight. If you have the skill, experience, knowledge what seems to be hot in the market, jobs will chase you, rather you chasing them.

3. Now coming to the point of how to solve the problems which are on the hand.Boredom, try to find something meaningful in your present job, if you do the routine thing in a routine way routinely, then there is no thrill, try to be creative and innovative, that will give you lots of pleasure.Try to get good education, join Management development programmes, online certifications like PMP, Cisco Certification, java certifications,etc. which gives lot of value add and also enhances your CV a lot. I dont see any reason why you will not get the break.

All The Best
Have Fun
Dushyant
Previous Topic: Remembering Lex De Haan
Next Topic: Is it alive?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:55:40 CDT 2024