Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Oracle 10g error INS0029
Oracle 10g error INS0029 [message #143686] Fri, 21 October 2005 08:22 Go to next message
jinpark75
I'm getting this error when installing the runtime repository. However, I had no problems installing design repository.
Re: Oracle 10g error INS0029 [message #149193 is a reply to message #143686] Wed, 30 November 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
jinpark75 wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 08:22

I'm getting this error when installing the runtime repository. However, I had no problems installing design repository.

Have a look at here.

It has some related info.

--Kiran.
Re: Oracle 10g error INS0029 [message #167651 is a reply to message #149193] Sat, 15 April 2006 00:51 Go to previous message
mobinejaz
Not only Oracle 10g but entire Oracle product doesn't run smoothly. This is the difference between Mr. Bill Gates and Mr. Larry Elison (Oracle)
I first used Oracle in 1999. Although I liked development in Oracle but I realised that to be a good developer or any other role, you should be all rounder about knowing very well the Oracle file structure, directories, when you run the query, what happens behind the scenes and etc,etc... one must work very hard like Alexender The Great (who conquered the world) if a little wish is there to have command in Oracle/Oracle products.
In fact, I've also left Oracle to have only medium skills in it only because of it's unavailability, the software being expensive, Your fingers get broken by typing questions on forums, brain gets stuck by viewing strange messeges, it's files easily get corrupted and it's jobs are good but are few and great competition is there for interviews & work as compared to friendly Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Informix,and other technologies. I have observed that in technical forums about 80% of people ask about warning messeges of technology and software application usage problems are the victims of Oracle!

Now, to solve your problem, you can give privileges to your user role by using Server Admin GUI. Definitely, a privilege warning means that you are finguring Oracle without having enough rights granted to you. Every user has a registered repository to work. You either haven't made/designated for you or you are without any privileges to make changes to it.
Install the repository; try this.
Grant select to the repository owner (on SYS.V$PARAMETER) then
Uninstall the existing repository and after that Reinstall the repository.

hope this will solve your problem

bye dear.
Previous Topic: Why Oracle Designer is not happy to run?
Next Topic: Designer 6i - Oracle Reference Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:07:47 CDT 2024