Home » Server Options » Replication » Errors encountered refreshing a single materialized view
Errors encountered refreshing a single materialized view [message #133482] Fri, 19 August 2005 05:27 Go to next message
tanchankai
Trying to refresh one single materialized view but returned with error message as below:

ORA-04045: errors during recompilation/revalidation of SYS.DBMS_UTILITY
ORA-01406: fetched column value was truncated
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 653
ORA-06512: at line 1

Using DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH_ALL, the procedure executed and completed with no errors.

Why did the refresh with the one view failed then?

TIA
Re: Errors encountered refreshing a single materialized view [message #133947 is a reply to message #133482] Mon, 22 August 2005 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tanchankai
Just an update:

If I use the same procedure but pass in a name which I know does not exist, it gives the exact same errors. In addition, I can't see the statement for this materialized view in DBA Studio even though I can see that it's present under the tree list. Does this imply that the materialized view is corrupted or something?
Re: Errors encountered refreshing a single materialized view [message #136252 is a reply to message #133482] Wed, 07 September 2005 00:40 Go to previous message
tanchankai
An update:

I checked this instance against another instance on the same database server where the schemas of the other instance are able to create and refresh materialized views. What I realised was there is quite a number of SYS packages which are listed as invalid compared to the functional instance where all SYS packages are listed as valid. Could this have attributed to the problem? How can I go about recompling all the invalid packages? Thanks.
Previous Topic: what configurations IN PRIMARY SERVER to do before using a separate niC FOR RELICATION
Next Topic: urgent!!! please advice !!! materialized view & user defined data types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:30:53 CDT 2024