Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form 6 format number
Form 6 format number [message #78499] Tue, 26 February 2002 22:24 Go to next message
Halim Indrawan
Hai,

First I want to say thanks to Mr.pratap jumar for answered my questions. Now I have a new problem with working in form 6..

1. I try to set form entry and one input field using format number. Example: I set the format mask 99.99 and when my user entry 5 and leave the application for a second , oracle automatically turn the number into 5.00.
Is there a way to solve this problem, because my user complain about this..?

2.Date format, same also.it can change automatically
Example: date foemat dd-mm-yyyy, so 20-des-2002.So when mu user type 20-dec-2 and leave the application oracle turn that entry become 20-dec-0002.

3. Vachar also, example: I input user name : Halim Indrawan. so mu user type Halim then she want to type I for Indrawan and spacebar also. But when my user press space bar and type the letter I, that letter move to Halim : IHalim.

How that can be happen? Any suggestions will be helpfull...

Regards,

Halim Indrawan
Re: Form 6 format number [message #78508 is a reply to message #78499] Wed, 27 February 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
in your post , you have mentioned what is happening , but not what do u want . can u tell that bit.

the formating of varchar2(3rd point) is not clear to me.i reckon formatting is not possible in varchar2.

please clarify these
Re: Form 6 format number [message #78515 is a reply to message #78508] Wed, 27 February 2002 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Halim Indrawan
Good Afternoon,

Ok mr.Pratap, sorry i mention my questions not clear for you. What I want is, when my user type that number , example: 3 so when my user still in that application the number do not change automatically 3.00 .]]
So when my user still in that field the number still 3 not 3.00 ( format mask 99.99)

Same action with date, about the 3rd point I want exaclty same with point 1 and 2, the filed not change unless my user change it.

I hope my explanation will make a clear undersatnding for you.

Any suggestions will be helpfull and thanks

Regards,

Halim Indrawan
Re: Form 6 format number [message #78519 is a reply to message #78508] Thu, 28 February 2002 00:15 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
hi,

i could not reproduce the problem. the value changes to 5.00 when u tab out from the field, which is the way it should work, but it does not changes when u are still there in the field.

can u send me a testcase, so that i can see what is going wrong.

cheers
pratap
Previous Topic: Commit in forms4.5
Next Topic: Table Name (URGENT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:32:58 CDT 2024