Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » client_ole2 for outlook on windows 10 Problem (Oracle forms 11g - Windows 10 - Office 2013)
client_ole2 for outlook on windows 10 Problem [message #661999] Tue, 11 April 2017 10:26 Go to next message
giorkos_s
Hi All,

I am experiencing a problem relating to webutil and client_ole2.
Specifically, we have some code to open outlook and send email. It all works fine on windows 7 machines, but a test on windows 10 DOES NOT !

i have placed some alerts in the code to figure out where it stops working and the following line seems to be the culprit

application:=client_ole2.create_obj('Outlook.Application');

i show the snippet of the code here, where i have my parameter declarations and the part of the code that fails.
execution of the code show the first alert "about to create outlook object" and forms just "freeze" . execution of the second alert after the create_obj('Outook.Application') is never reached.

we have checked various things but nothing seems to get us anywhere...

has anyone had a similar issue ??
Thanks,

George

this is part of the code

PROCEDURE send_email IS

v_file         varchar2(1000);
   v_subject      varchar2(80);
   v_recipient    varchar2(500) := NULL;
   v_alert        number;
   v_file_type    TEXT_IO.FILE_TYPE;
   v_file_suff    varchar2(60);
   v_part_date    varchar2(11);
   default_control_error EXCEPTION;
   counter number:=0;
   objMail client_ole2.OBJ_TYPE;
   equal_sign varchar2(1):='=';
   application client_ole2.OBJ_TYPE;
   hMailItem client_ole2.OBJ_TYPE;
   hRecipients client_ole2.OBJ_TYPE;
   recipient client_ole2.OBJ_TYPE;
   msg_attachment client_ole2.OBJ_TYPE;
   args client_ole2.LIST_TYPE;
   session client_ole2.OBJ_TYPE;
   v_body varchar2(4000);

lr number:=0;

first_item varchar2(200);
   orig_item varchar2(200);
   cur_item varchar2(200);
   i number:=0;
   attachments_list WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_LIST;

BEGIN

call_alert('about to create outlook object...');

application:=client_ole2.create_obj('Outlook.Application');

call_alert('created outlook object...');

--0 below means mail item, 1 means calendar 
  args:=client_ole2.create_arglist;
	client_ole2.add_arg(args,0);
	hMailItem:=client_ole2.invoke_obj(application,'CreateItem',args);

call_alert('Outlook is open now....at least the instance !!!!');

client_ole2.destroy_arglist(args);
Re: client_ole2 for outlook on windows 10 Problem [message #662009 is a reply to message #661999] Wed, 12 April 2017 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
giorkos_s
further to the above, enabling java console messages, on windows 10 machine i get the following errors

2017-Apr-12  11:21:18.222 ERROR>WUC-24 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Error reading URL http://wlserver:7778/forms/webutil/jacob.dll
2017-Apr-12  11:21:19.269 ERROR>WUC-24 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Error reading URL http://wlserver:7778/forms/webutil/JNIsharedstubs.dll
2017-Apr-12  11:21:20.488 ERROR>WUC-24 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Error reading URL http://wlserver:7778/forms/webutil/d2kwut60.dll

the above are the erros when the configuration file is read and webutil is trying to be "invoked"

when i actually click on the button that uses webutil functions, I get more errors

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jacob in java.library.path
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at com.jacob.com.ComThread.<clinit>(ComThread.java:148)
	at oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions.create_obj(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions.getProperty(Unknown Source)
more output is included but i omit it...

if i try to access the above URLs on the windows 7 machine (on which webutil works fine) I get ERROR page not found.#
replacing the port number 7778 with 9001 (which 9001 is the port the forms server listens on) i am prompted to download the respective file , meaning the url works ok with port 9001.

No one here is able to help with the Weblogic and webutil installation.

Do the above messages and my simple URL testing show that in a configuration somewhere port 7778 is specified , instead or 9001 ...
if so, why is it working on the win 7 machines and not 10 ???

any ideas???

Thanks,

George

Re: client_ole2 for outlook on windows 10 Problem [message #662297 is a reply to message #662009] Mon, 24 April 2017 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
giorkos_s
Solved !!! Surprised

Once more....little bit of investigation when time permitted, and NOT taking Oracle-Java Messages as a direct cause produced the following :

The error message
2017-Apr-12  11:21:18.222 ERROR>WUC-24 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Error reading URL http://wlserver:7778/forms/webutil/jacob.dll
2017-Apr-12  11:21:19.269 ERROR>WUC-24 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Error reading URL http://wlserver:7778/forms/webutil/JNIsharedstubs.dll
2017-Apr-12  11:21:20.488 ERROR>WUC-24 [URLDownload.pullFile()] Error reading URL http://wlserver:7778/forms/webutil/d2kwut60.dll

Simply means that the above files COULD BE FOUND on the HTTP server, BUT the problem was the writing -downloading them to the \bin folder of the Java installation.
So basically it was Windows PERMISSIONS to 'Blame'
Simply, manually copying the files in the java\bin folder, and Webutil functions work perfectly fine.

as far at the ports , I had a little suspicion that something like Webcache (found in 10G R2) could be going on.
A little more diving into the Weblogic settings, proved that indeed, a load balancing mechanism exists, called Clusters now Smile ( hey..im still learning) is configured, so yes...accessing the Forms port directly does not work, unless its been redirected from the CLuster listening port=9001...

So all in all....WINDOWS PERMISSIONS !!!

Hope it helps someone else !

George
Re: client_ole2 for outlook on windows 10 Problem [message #662326 is a reply to message #662297] Tue, 25 April 2017 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This was one man music show; I'm glad you made it work. Thank you for sharing the information with the community!
Re: client_ole2 for outlook on windows 10 Problem [message #662328 is a reply to message #662326] Tue, 25 April 2017 05:43 Go to previous message
giorkos_s
Hi Littlefoot,

yeah..it seems that the permissions is the problem.

trying to 'automate' the process for all users, whithout changing permission in 'program files\java\bin\' is throwing another challenge.

our system admins, suggested we try and install java to a different location, where all users have Full access, instead of program files location.

so, installing Java in c:\apps\java where user have full acces to c:\apps and running the webutil form, still does not download the 3 DLLs to the bin location.

Tried specifying the %JAVA_HOME% in case that makes a difference but nothing. I still get the silly message about not finding the HTTP server and file.

Trying to get weblogic server to instruct the client to download the webutil files to a specified location using webutil.cfg and the config line

install.syslib.location.client.0 = c:\apps\java\bin
or even to another location where user has access (ie his home folder)

trying the above, the error messages from JAVA console do not appear any more.
BUT, the 3 DLL files are not copied to the location, and still webutil functions do not work....

trying to figure this one out at the moment....
in the worst case we can try and alter the permissions in program files\java\bin, or even copy the files with group policy in java\bin .

will post back if I work it out (time permitting of course !!! )

Thanks,

George

Previous Topic: how can remove item in list of value
Next Topic: Forms and Report 6i and Oracle DB different PC [merged by jd]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:31:17 CDT 2024