Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Issue in barcode generated using true type font in oracle report
Issue in barcode generated using true type font in oracle report [message #655550] Thu, 01 September 2016 20:23 Go to next message
a.harinath@gmail.com
Hi,

I have downloaded Barcode True Type Font from internet and wanted to use it in a report.

In the report, there is a input parameter which I'm printing at the footer of the report every page. So, I have added the item in the margin and changed the FONT to code128 which I have downloaded.

When I generate the report, the PDE gun we are using to scan the barcode does not recognize it. I try to generate barcode online for the same passed parameter and print/scan with the same PDE gun, it gets recognized.

Attached copies of barcode generated from report and online for the same input parameter passed
  • Attachment: Barcode.doc
    (Size: 61.50KB, Downloaded 1763 times)
Re: Issue in barcode generated using true type font in oracle report [message #655553 is a reply to message #655550] Fri, 02 September 2016 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Try to enclose the string into asterisk. For example, now you are doing this:
select my_barcode_column bcd
from some_table
Instead, do this:
select '*' || my_barcode_column || '*' bcd
from some_table
Re: Issue in barcode generated using true type font in oracle report [message #655559 is a reply to message #655553] Fri, 02 September 2016 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a.harinath@gmail.com
Sure Littlefoot, I will try that option and update you. Thanks
Re: Issue in barcode generated using true type font in oracle report [message #655784 is a reply to message #655559] Mon, 12 September 2016 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a.harinath@gmail.com

128 True type Font always need to be encoded so that the barcode generated can be recognised by a barcode reader(unlike 39 Font type). Due to this, we have dependency on a third party encoder software.

Hence we have decided to use the barcode generated using the 39 TTF font type.

Thanks
Re: Issue in barcode generated using true type font in oracle report [message #655787 is a reply to message #655784] Tue, 13 September 2016 00:04 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you for letting us know!
Previous Topic: Print oracle report direct to Serial port printer
Next Topic: Separate queries in one report with page filter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:55:51 CDT 2024