Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Data Guard in 10 minutes: demo today
Data Guard in 10 minutes: demo today [message #631839] Tue, 20 January 2015 10:03 Go to next message
John Watson
If anyone is interested, I'm doing a public webinar (with Q&A) today -

Physical standby in 10 minutes

We'll demo the process of setting up a physical standby. If anyone thinks it could be useful, please attend. Today: lunchtime on the US East Coast, at the end of the afternoon for those of us in Europe.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I like nothing better than falling flat on my face in front of thousands of viewers. We shall see.
Re: Data Guard in 10 minutes: demo today [message #631846 is a reply to message #631839] Tue, 20 January 2015 12:34 Go to previous message
John Watson
Finished! Did anyone attend? It all worked: I created a physical standby, starting with just an ordinary database that was not even in archivelog mode, in 10.5 minutes. So I missed my target, which was 10 minutes. Some interesting questions came in from the audience, if I had given shorter answers I would have made it on time.

The recording is up on the company web site, along with all the others we've done: Free tutorials
Previous Topic: data guard configuration on windows
Next Topic: Error when duplicate target database for standby from active database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:05:54 CDT 2024