Home » Other » Training & Certification » A new option for Oracle certification practice exams
A new option for Oracle certification practice exams [message #630726] Sat, 03 January 2015 14:12 Go to next message
matthewmorris68

Anyone who has looked for legitimate Oracle certification practice exams is well aware that there are very few available options. In addition, all of the options that there are tend to be fairly expensive. I've seen John Watson tell people here and on the OTN Certification forum more than once that they might as well take the real exam because it's the best practice there is, and you never know, you might pass.

I agree. If you're going to lay out a hundred dollars or more to practice taking the test -- it's hard to argue against taking the real exam. However... I think that if there was an option to take a practice exam for less than twenty dollars, and that option was definitely not a brain dump, it would be fairly compelling. In a week or two, that option will be available for several of the most popular Oracle certification exams.

As soon as I finish some final tweaks and testing, practice tests for six Oracle exams will be available through my website. The article at the below URL gives more details and how you can get a promotion code for an introductory discount.

http://ocprep.blogspot.com/2015/01/oracle-certification-practice-exams-re.html
Re: A new option for Oracle certification practice exams [message #630727 is a reply to message #630726] Sat, 03 January 2015 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc3d
Thank you very much Matthew. Very good contributions for classic DB exams. With your study guides and forum explanations I passed 3 classic DB exams..

Oracle has evolved, they have bought Sun and other companies. I speak about MySQL and Java. This is the place where the show is happening the next 10 years. For example I have a new job and there is no classic Oracle DB, I use my skills for MySQL/MariaDB and PostgreSQL. Also NoSQL is a big topic. Java and NoSQL goes hand in hand. I would thank you very much when you focus on these bleeding edge topics. Oracle RDBMS is now like IBM zOS.

Matthew you have to move with the times. You are very valued guy in Oracle certifications.
Re: A new option for Oracle certification practice exams [message #630728 is a reply to message #630727] Sat, 03 January 2015 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

This wasn't really what I envisioned for this thread, but I'm easy.

Quote:
Oracle has evolved, they have bought Sun and other companies. I speak about MySQL and Java. This is the place where the show is happening the next 10 years.

Information Technology is always changing. The Oracle of today is quite different from the Oracle I started with twenty years ago. That said... it's still here and some others are essentially gone. When I was hired by Oracle tech support, Informix and Sybase actually held a reasonable amount of market share. If you tell me that in 10 years, Oracle will no longer be relevant, I'll agree that this is certainly possible. However, to imply that for the next 10 years (i.e. starting right now) Oracle is no longer relevant, I will have to disagree... strongly.

There are organizations that don't use Oracle. You work for one. That's not the same thing as saying that no organizations use Oracle anymore, or that there will be a mass exodus away from Oracle in the coming years. It may happen. It may not. Predicting the future is never a simple task. Right now, there are a huge number of jobs available for people skilled with the Oracle database, SQL and PL/SQL. I don't see that changing significantly for the next five years or so. For that matter, I don't expect a change after the next five years. I just refuse to speculate on technology trends further out than that.

I strongly encourage people who want to start or improve their career with Oracle to fill their heads with knowledge about as many aspects of the database as they can. Knowledge is a major portion of what makes people in the IT field valuable. Mind you, being able to correctly apply that knowledge in a real-world environment is often more important... which is partly experience and partly individual capability. The exams that I write study guides (and now tests) for are ones that I am very familiar with from my years working with Oracle. I am leveraging my knowledge in an effort help others expand theirs. Much of what I do is aimed at making brain dumps less attractive to exam candidates. This is why I am trying to make low-cost (and free) materials available to exam candidates. My tests are aimed directly at the brain dump providers. I hope that many people will use my exams instead of choosing illicit material.

Quote:
Matthew you have to move with the times.

By my definition, I don't actually stand still very often. If "moving with the times" means dumping everything I have learned in the past twenty years to start over with Hadoop and NoSQL... then we'll have to agree to disagree on what "moving" involves. I do actually plan to cover the Oracle MySQL exams. I may well cover some of the Java exams at some point. However, the guides I choose to write are generally for the exams I am most interested in at the time I'm writing them. Sometimes I will move a guide out of my preferred order when a new exam comes out that I want to take while it is in the beta process. I don't use MySQL and while I have studied Java (briefly) on several occasions over the years, I have never had a burning need to use it in lieu of PL/SQL. As such -- these guides have not jumped to the top of my list.

In February I will have been creating study guides for three years. I currently have seventeen in print. I have another four in some stage of completion and another six lined up that I haven't done anything for. I also expect Oracle Certification to put out at least two new expert exams this year (12c RAC and 12c Data Guard) which aren't counted in those six. When my fourth anniversary rolls around, I hope to have at least twenty-five guides in print. We'll see if I make that. I don't do this full-time and adding the practice exams to my workload is going to be interesting.
Re: A new option for Oracle certification practice exams [message #630729 is a reply to message #630727] Sun, 04 January 2015 00:39 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
Quote:
Oracle RDBMS is now like IBM zOS.
Gartner wouldn't agree with that as per it's reports.

Quote:
I speak about MySQL and Java. This is the place where the show is happening the next 10 years.
Per your future predictions,what else do you see my friend? Are our jobs secured in Oracle technology? Wink
Previous Topic: Oracle Apps Training Required in Delhi NCR India
Next Topic: Exam 1z0-058
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:41:25 CDT 2024