Home » Other » Community Hangout » seeking email recommendation
seeking email recommendation [message #617567] Tue, 01 July 2014 14:28 Go to next message
Barbara Boehmer
It seems that since my Hotmail account was automatically converted to an Outlook account it has gone totally wonky and unpredictable and become dreadfully slow. I now understand why people refer to it as "Look out!" instead of Outlook. I see lots of complaints from users, but no fixes. So, I am contemplating switching to something else and looking for recommendations for a free web-based email that does not have problems with OraFAQ automated notification emails or automatically lose, delete, or block other emails. Please let me know what you have experienced with such email systems and what you recommend. Thank you.
Re: seeking email recommendation [message #617569 is a reply to message #617567] Tue, 01 July 2014 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
I would vote for GMAIL. I have been using it since couple of years, and never had any issues, till very recently when its look and feel changed and it took sometime to get used to it.

Although I found the issue with OraFAQ emails going into spam folder, however, it took very less time to find and fix the issue. Also, there are many other options to configure your mail box. I have a seperate LABEL for OraFAQ emails. Helps me identify a new email to which label it belongs.

Regards,
Lalit

Edit : typo

[Updated on: Tue, 01 July 2014 15:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: seeking email recommendation [message #617570 is a reply to message #617567] Tue, 01 July 2014 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Mail service I use doesn't block OraFAQ for sure, but its drawback (from your point of view) is that it is on Croatian; there's no English version as far as I know. Its address is freemail.net.hr; have a look, if you wish. It might provide a chance for you to learn several Croatian words.

Gmail is most probably a far, far better choice for you.
Re: seeking email recommendation [message #617581 is a reply to message #617570] Tue, 01 July 2014 23:48 Go to previous message
rleishman
+1 Gmail

Worth remembering that your email is scanned and keywords are used to market to you. I can tolerate that for such a good mail service though.
Probably the best thing about it is the speed. Lots of other online mail services fill up the screen with bandwidth hogging images, whereas Gmail's text ads are nice and light and don't slow down the experience.
Previous Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic: Understanding Indexes - The Video
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:20:28 CDT 2024