Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Creating APEX users/groups (APEX 4.2.5)
Creating APEX users/groups [message #613146] Wed, 30 April 2014 08:41 Go to next message
John Watson
I'm transferring an APEX application from a locally hosted environment to a cloud hosted environment. I have full access on the source, but in the destination I do not have access to the internal workspace or any DBA access to the database. The workspace was created by the cloud service provider.

I have imported the schema (with Data Pump) and the application (through the Application Builder/Import GUI) but there are no users or groups (other than my workspace admin user). I can create users and groups one by one through the Administration/Manage Users And Groups GUI, but I want to create them all as they were in the source. I have exported the workspace from the source environment, and in the SQL file it produces I see all the calls to wwv_flow_fnd_user_api.create_user_group and wwv_flow_fnd_user_api.create_fnd_user but when I try to run them (connected to my application schema account) I get
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20987: APEX - User  requires ADMIN privilege to perform this operation. -
Contact your application administrator.
ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 630
ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_ERROR", line 911
ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_FND_USER_API", line 199
ORA-06512: at "APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_FND_USER_API", line 1337
ORA-06512: at line 2

What privilege do I need? All I have is this,
SQL>
SQL> select * from session_roles;

ROLE
------------------------------
CONNECT

SQL> select * from session_privs;

PRIVILEGE
----------------------------------------
CREATE SESSION
CREATE TABLE
CREATE SYNONYM
CREATE VIEW
CREATE SEQUENCE
CREATE PROCEDURE
CREATE TRIGGER
CREATE TYPE
CREATE INDEXTYPE
CREATE DIMENSION
CREATE JOB

11 rows selected.

SQL>
Or is there a way to run the SQL file from the within the GUI? Or do I need to ask the cloud service provider to run the script?

As you can tell, I am more of a DBA than an APEX administrator. Any insight will be welcome.
Re: Creating APEX users/groups [message #613154 is a reply to message #613146] Wed, 30 April 2014 09:19 Go to previous message
John Watson
Got it sussed. There is a SQL Workshop button where I can upload scripts, and they appear to run with appropriate permissions.

Topic closed.

Previous Topic: oracle Apex query
Next Topic: Number Format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:47:09 CDT 2024