Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Print Field Text in Vertical Direction (Developer 6i Windows)
Print Field Text in Vertical Direction [message #607997] Fri, 14 February 2014 01:54 Go to next message
whmemon

I am using matrix report, need to print column heading(dynamic/variable) in vertical direction.
Please guide how to ?

Thanks
Waseem
Re: Print Field Text in Vertical Direction [message #608006 is a reply to message #607997] Fri, 14 February 2014 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't have Reports 6i, but 10g says (if you try to rotate the field) "REP-3103: Only text and graphical boilerplate can be rotated". See what happens in 6i (if it contains Layout menu - Rotate).
Re: Print Field Text in Vertical Direction [message #608069 is a reply to message #608006] Fri, 14 February 2014 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whmemon

Same problem facing in Reports 6i. there must be a way. Oracle must provide some solution/patch for this. Please help to find.
Re: Print Field Text in Vertical Direction [message #608074 is a reply to message #608069] Sat, 15 February 2014 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
They must provide it? You must be kidding!

Try to contact Oracle Support. I'm afraid that the answer will be sorry, Developer Suite 6i is no more supported. As of newer versions, I know that 10g doesn't do that either. 11g? No idea, but you may ask Oracle and - if the answer is "yes, you can rotate fields in Reports 11g", are you willing to upgrade your application to 11g?

Alternatively, search for other, non-Oracle reporting tools (such as Crystal Report or Jasper iReport) and see whether they are capable of doing what you are looking for. I never worked with Crystal Report, but I have written a few reports using iReport. Can't remember whether you can rotate fields there, though, and I don't have it installed any more.

However, I believe that iReport works on the web. Is your current application client/server, or did you deploy it to the web? That might also affect your choice.
Re: Print Field Text in Vertical Direction [message #608076 is a reply to message #607997] Sat, 15 February 2014 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whmemon

Dear Littlefoot,

I am really willing to upgrade the from 6i to 10g or 11g.
Please suggest any tutorial to depoly and work on 10g or 11g and i want deploy on linux.
Will post this question in front of Oracle Support.

Thanks
Waseem
Re: Print Field Text in Vertical Direction [message #608079 is a reply to message #608076] Sat, 15 February 2014 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not the right person to answer those questions. I never migrated any 6i application to a higher version, so I'd have to Google for instructions (but that's something you can do by yourself). As you plan to contact Oracle Support anyway, ask them that question, I'm quite sure that they will provide documentation you are interested in.

Although 6i application is an old one, desupported etc. and there's nothing wrong in wanting to upgrade it, think twice whether it is worth to do not-that-easy task (migration) just to be able to display certain matrix report fields vertically.
Re: Print Field Text in Vertical Direction [message #657404 is a reply to message #608079] Tue, 08 November 2016 01:06 Go to previous message
shahzad-ul-hasan
http://www.informationbuilders.com/support/developers/coltext
please check this...
Previous Topic: Reports 6i ref_cursor
Next Topic: check box choose
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:19:52 CDT 2024