Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Changing column order in an interactive report (Oracle Apex 4.2)
Changing column order in an interactive report [message #604895] Sun, 05 January 2014 15:27 Go to next message
anil001
I have tried to follow the steps mentioned in link below by running report as developer, but do not get: Default Report Settings option. Any idea why it may not be appearing. I have tried running report as developer as well ad Administrator.

http://www.nerd.net.au/oracle/24-apex-application-express/report-layout/66-change-column-ordering-in-an-interactive-report.html

Also, not clear why would apex not provide this option in the design time itself to reorder default column display order.
Re: Changing column order in an interactive report [message #604925 is a reply to message #604895] Mon, 06 January 2014 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That's rather straightforward operation; it is kind of difficult to understand how you managed to fail. Here's a pictorial for you:

/forum/fa/11553/0/

Quote:

not clear why would apex not provide this option in the design time itself to reorder default column display order.

Probably because its designers designed it that way.
Re: Changing column order in an interactive report [message #604996 is a reply to message #604895] Mon, 06 January 2014 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anil001
Hi Littlefoot, Thanks for the response.

Here is what I see when I run the report as developer. There is no Save as Option. I am in Apex 4.2.

http://s10.postimg.org/o1kjkdy2h/Save_Report_Default_Setting_Option_Missing.jpg

As you can see, I am running report as 'admin' and this is the same user who I use as developer to work on this report.
Re: Changing column order in an interactive report [message #605074 is a reply to message #604996] Tue, 07 January 2014 04:49 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is how my apex 4.2 Interactive Report "Save" looks like:

/forum/fa/11579/0/

It seems that you aren't running the report as a developer (although you think you do) because your settings suggest that it is a "normal" user which is allowed to save his own, custom report which can (but doesn't have to) be made available to public.
Previous Topic: upload text file through DAD
Next Topic: Looping thru Interactive report rows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:39:20 CDT 2024