Home » Applications » Primavera » cant connect into my DB
cant connect into my DB [message #590926] Wed, 24 July 2013 03:44 Go to next message
Eng_Mas0ud

i am seeking of your help solving my problem ...
i am working on stand-alone standar P6 not oracle version
while moving my DB into my laptop , the backup and restore have been done successfully using SQL server 2005

while logging into the primavera , it gives me message ( unable to connect to database )

when i try to configure the database >>
i have tried the Pubuser & privuser & SA . but still useless and it give me error:
((Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user 'pubuser'.; ))

Could some 1 helping me getting into my database and connect to the server ??

one note : my Ex laptop was windows 7 32bit ,, and my new one Windows 7 64bit

[Updated on: Wed, 24 July 2013 03:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cant connect into my DB [message #590927 is a reply to message #590926] Wed, 24 July 2013 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unless I'm wrong (i.e. if I understood you correctly), you chose a wrong forum; we discuss Oracle here, not SQL Server. Therefore, you might want to search for help elsewhere, on one of MS SQL Server forums.
Re: cant connect into my DB [message #590930 is a reply to message #590926] Wed, 24 July 2013 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Please do not send me private messages asking for assistance, unless you are asking for consultancy services.
Re: cant connect into my DB [message #621131 is a reply to message #590930] Sat, 09 August 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Good to see the forum created for Primavera.

The problem we might see in future, starting wirh this thread, is that Primavera is not only on Oracle DB, but many customers using the product are also on SQL Server. The migration project is yet to go into production. Perhaps, for the time being we need to be patient with posters regarding the product.
Re: cant connect into my DB [message #621132 is a reply to message #590926] Sat, 09 August 2014 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
@Eng_Mas0ud,

Did you try to raise a concern to the respective product sustenance team? The P6 analytics product has got a robust support/sustenance team. If not, first try doing that.

Edit : typo

[Updated on: Sat, 09 August 2014 16:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cant connect into my DB [message #621262 is a reply to message #590926] Tue, 12 August 2014 04:01 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
Based on your information, will try to help. Please find my answers inline :

> i am working on stand-alone standar P6 not oracle version
It means you are using the client version.

> while moving my DB into my laptop , the backup and restore have been done successfully using SQL server 2005
It means you execute the migrate.bat batch file in your client.

> while logging into the primavera , it gives me message ( unable to connect to database ) when i try to configure the database >>
This might be because the PMDB instance is not up. You need to start the service. The PMDB services are manual type, it won't start up unless you explicitly start it form services.

> i have tried the Pubuser & privuser & SA . but still useless and it give me error: ((Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user 'pubuser'.; ))
For SQL Server PPMDB, login as SA user and remember to provide the system password.

> one note : my Ex laptop was windows 7 32bit ,, and my new one Windows 7 64bit
It has nothing to do with the product exe provided to you, for client PPM it is ONLY 32 bit. If your client OS is 64 bit, no issues. Unless you have a 64 bit PPM client exe and you try to install it on 32 bit client OS.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Lalit
Next Topic: Advance Function in PPM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:47:14 CDT 2024