Home » Other » Community Hangout » Oracle blog
Oracle blog [message #574546] Sat, 12 January 2013 03:53 Go to next message
John Watson
Hello, people. Some of you may remember that I asked about other forums where one might post, to raise one's profile in the Oracle context. Well, as advised I went to forums.oracle.com. I have 870 points already. Gosh. I'll be an "expert" soon.

Related question: any recommendations for where to host a blog? I've posted a few little articles on a blog here at Orafaq, but I don't know how well known Orafaq is. Furthermore, there doesn't appear to be a way for people to subscribe to a blog hosted here. Any suggestions for somewhere else? I'm not interested in trying to make money from zillions of visits (well, not exclusively interested) more in finding a site well known for being useful and popular.

Regards,
"Newcomer To The Blogosphere"

Re: Oracle blog [message #574555 is a reply to message #574546] Sat, 12 January 2013 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
blogspot.com
Re: Oracle blog [message #574557 is a reply to message #574555] Sat, 12 January 2013 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xtender

wordpress.com
Re: Oracle blog [message #574558 is a reply to message #574546] Sat, 12 January 2013 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
I don't blog and don't generally read blogs, because I just don't have enough time. However, I do occasionally stumble upon a blog during a search for something. So, I figure it really doesn't matter where you put it, as long as it can be found using an internet search. If you blog about interesting Oracle subjects, then people are bound to stumble across your blogs. If you are looking for an entertaining, but not politically correct, occasionally raunchy, group of Oracle users, then try:

http://oracle-wtf.blogspot.com/

[Updated on: Sat, 12 January 2013 12:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle blog [message #578616 is a reply to message #574558] Sat, 02 March 2013 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Thank you for the suggestions. Eventually, a colleague found a way of devising a parser that somehow gobbles my blog from here onto the corporate website, so I don't have to change anything: I can still post little articles here, and they appear over there:
http://skillbuilders.com/Oracle/Oracle-Consulting-Training.cfm?tab=john-blog
I have to write a few more articles demo'ing 12c new features now. I don't suppose anyone caught my last free webinar on some random new features?
http://skillbuilders.com/Oracle/Oracle-Consulting-Training.cfm?tab=free-tutorials
Doing live demos, and taking live questions, is quite terrifying. Writing blog articles is a lot safer.
Re: Oracle blog [message #581408 is a reply to message #578616] Fri, 05 April 2013 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

John:

You and I are in the same boat -- or possibly different boats on reasonably parallel courses. I just started a blog at blogspot: http://ocprep.blogspot.com/

It has all of two posts so far, the first of which is simply me lamenting that I really don't have time for a blog.

That said, I liked the interface and its ability to tweak the look. When making my decision, I checked out a number of the other blogs there and found several that were very attractive (and elaborate). I settled for simple. I really like how closely Blogspot is connected to my Google+ account and to Google search.

That said, the OraFAQ site is fairly popular, getting about 26K page views daily. However, there's no telling how many of those are in the blogs vs. the forums and other parts of the site. I considered posting to the OraFAQ blog, but I don't really like how everyone's blogs get jumbled together. It seems to be less a group of individual blogs than a single OraFAQ blog that a large group of individuals are creating guest posts for.
Re: Oracle blog [message #581409 is a reply to message #581408] Fri, 05 April 2013 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can add it to our Blogs page.

Regards
Michel
Re: Oracle blog [message #581485 is a reply to message #581408] Mon, 08 April 2013 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I just give hit to your blog, man Smile

I'm staying here on Orafaq. One of the people I work with has developed a technique whereby our corporate website runs a routine which contacts Orafaq and "scrapes" (not a term I'm completely au fait with) my blog from here to the corporate site. The result of this is that we hope to get the benefit of being indexed from here, while being accessible through skillbuilders.com as well.

I think I need to learn a lot about search engine optimization. How come Don Burleson is always the top of any Oracle search?
Re: Oracle blog [message #581515 is a reply to message #581485] Mon, 08 April 2013 08:16 Go to previous message
matthewmorris68

>contacts Orafaq and "scrapes"

Good ole screen scrapes, never elegant, but often useful.

>How come Don Burleson is always the top of any Oracle search?

I believe that was part of his deal with Lucifer. Cool
Previous Topic: Hi ALL
Next Topic: World Wide Sites TO SEE!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:45:01 CDT 2024