Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Registered portlet but unable to place it (Oracle Portal 10.1.2.3.0)
Registered portlet but unable to place it [message #569825] Fri, 02 November 2012 02:46 Go to next message
robertmarkbram
Hi All,

I am using Oracle Portal 10.1.2.3.0 and have deployed a portlet application using JDeveloper, which says it succeeded.

When I log in to the portal, click Edit on any page > Navigator > Providers tab > Registered Providers > Edit Registration on the portlet I previously deployed > Connection tab, I see the providers URL: /publications-dev/providers, and I can access that URL and see the following output:

Congratulations! You have successfully reached your Provider's Test Page.
Recognizing Portlets...
PublicationsNewsPortlet
PublicationsNewsDetailPortlet
PublicationsNewsDetailListPortlet
PublicationsCareersPortlet
PublicationsCareersDetailPortlet
PublicationsCareersDetailListPortlet
Recognizing component versions...
ptlshare.jar version: 10.1.2.0.2
pdkjava.jar version: 10.1.2.0.2

Yet, when I try to add the portlet to a page, searching for the portlet name "Careers Widget Portlet" or "PublicationsCareersPortlet" reveals nothing. This is defined in the provider.xml:
<name>PublicationsCareersPortlet</name>
<title>Careers Widget Portlet</title>

Can anyone give me a hint to what I might be missing? How can the Providers Test Paqe state that it recognizes the portlets but I cannot add them to a page?

Kind Regards,

Rob
Re: Registered portlet but unable to place it [message #570528 is a reply to message #569825] Sun, 11 November 2012 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robertmarkbram
Turns out there was a problem with the registration - and I couldn't unregister the provider for some reason: This provider is not deletable. (WWC-43169).

Instead, I created a new registration and it now works.
Re: Registered portlet but unable to place it [message #570540 is a reply to message #570528] Mon, 12 November 2012 00:10 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you for letting us know!

If you paid attention when viewing this forum's topic list, you could have seen that many questions remained unanswered. Unfortunately, it appears that not many forum members use Portal. If you choose to visit OraFAQ now and then (rather make it frequently!), I hope you'll contribute future discussions as well.
Previous Topic: How to add and HTML file to WC Portal: Spaces via Content Presenter or something else
Next Topic: Customized Development with OIM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:08:05 CDT 2024