Home » Other » Client Tools » Not able to run SQL *Plus. (Windows 7 64 Bit.)
Not able to run SQL *Plus. [message #567758] Fri, 05 October 2012 02:12 Go to next message
Manoj.Gupta.91
Hi All,

I'm not able to run SQL *Plus on my machine. It is giving me below error.

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

Setting of PATH environment variable is as below. If I remove below highlighted part I'm able to run SQL * Plus. I cannot remove this because it is required to run my application. Please advise what is the issue.

C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\OSI\BANK\DLL\BIN;C:\OSI\BANK\Bat_Exe;C:\OSI\BANK\DLL;c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;c:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;%TFSPowerToolDir%;%BPADir%;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64

Thanks & Regards
Manoj
Re: Not able to run SQL *Plus. [message #567762 is a reply to message #567758] Fri, 05 October 2012 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
. I cannot remove this because it is required to run my application. Please advise what is the issue.

Put them at the end of the PATH.

Regards
Michel
Re: Not able to run SQL *Plus. [message #567763 is a reply to message #567762] Fri, 05 October 2012 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj.Gupta.91
Hi,

Same issue happened after putting them at the end.

Thanks & Regards
Manoj
Re: Not able to run SQL *Plus. [message #567765 is a reply to message #567763] Fri, 05 October 2012 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
So you have to remove them when you execute SQL*Plus.
The reason is that some of theses DLL contains system enty points that use Oracle but are not compatible with the system calls.

Regards
Michel
Re: Not able to run SQL *Plus. [message #567774 is a reply to message #567765] Fri, 05 October 2012 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj.Gupta.91
Hi Michel,

I tried by putting each of below path in environment variable string. Problem is created by.....

C:\OSI\BANK\DLL\BIN

This path is required to run SQR. In the application reports are generated in SQR. For this database login is must even if there is no query etc. in the script. This path has necessary DLL's to run SQR.

How to know which DLL is creating problem?

One way to know this is by moving all DLL's from this path to another path and then put them one by one here again along with attempts to run SQR. This way it needs at least 100 attempts if I've 100 DLL's.

Is there any other way to resolve this?

Thanks & Regards
Manoj
Re: Not able to run SQL *Plus. [message #567776 is a reply to message #567774] Fri, 05 October 2012 04:23 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I don't see an other way.

But I don't understand the problem.
If you want to use SQL*Plus then remove this path.
If you want to use SQR then keep it.
Where is the problem in doing so?

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Submit Request via SQL Developer
Next Topic: Pass parameters to oracle SQL Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:46:18 CDT 2024