Home » Server Options » Replication » Need Help - Replication breaks when subscribers are updatable (Oracle 11g)
Need Help - Replication breaks when subscribers are updatable [message #554137] Thu, 10 May 2012 12:13 Go to next message
venkiis
Hi

I am not a dba. I am a .net developer. However i am more than ready to RTFM, if any of the members give me the right pointers to proceed. My company has a replication issue, which my manager asked me to check anything i can. This can be pure architectural question where i will have redesign the application, i am also ready to read on any design patterns and change code which can help solve my problem.

Basically, we have a Primary Publisher in US and the Subscriber in UK. I am told that the replication setup is MASTER - MASTER. Any updates in US will update the servers in UK and vice versa. The .Net application is client machine hosted application which does the changes in the local server respective to its geographical domain i.e applications running in U.K will update the U.K server only. Once the update is done, the data is replicated to other server. It works well most of the time, but sometimes when the user is updating the same record in US and U.K at the same time. The Replication breaks, since before updating either server, if the row in the table is in different due to an user update, replication breaks.

Can any please point me to any solutions either Oracle Replication design wise or .net application design wise, i will be very thankful.

thanks
venkii
Re: Need Help - Replication breaks when subscribers are updatable [message #554138 is a reply to message #554137] Thu, 10 May 2012 12:49 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
As you seems to have an OLTP application I'd go to Streams.
Streams Concepts and Administration

Regards
Michel

Previous Topic: Oracle 8i Asynchronous replication
Next Topic: Can nested materialized view use pivot function? and Can Pivot used in Materialized view (2 threads merged by bb)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:28:56 CDT 2024