Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Oracle data guard standby database recovery (Oracle data guard, 11g r2, linuc red hat 64-bit)
icon4.gif  Oracle data guard standby database recovery [message #501759] Thu, 31 March 2011 02:51 Go to next message
digital1man
dear all, please help me in this case,
i have done oracle data guard between two databases (database A is the primary) and (database B is the standby), and it was working fine for two weeks, then the network admin did some changes on the firewall on standby side, which made the primary database can not write on standby redo log , so archives was generated on primary and do not generated on standby by, now we solve the firewall probelm and new archives generated on primary is generated on atandby too, but now i have a gap in archives on standby database and standby database now is not synchronized with primary database, and data changes happen on primary is not reflected on standby, also archives that were generated on primary and did not generated on standby during the problem time is not registered in V$ARCHIVED_LOG neither on primary database nor on standby database
please help me in solving that problem, thank you all.
Re: Oracle data guard standby database recovery [message #501761 is a reply to message #501759] Thu, 31 March 2011 03:43 Go to previous message
knight
what errors are reported in alert log?
-you can copy missing archives,register and apply
-you can consider applying incremental backup
Previous Topic: DG Broker .Warning: ORA-16607: one or more databases have failed
Next Topic: DataGuard steps Required
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:22:11 CDT 2024