Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Page Processing Validations (APEX 4.0)
Page Processing Validations [message #488867] Tue, 11 January 2011 19:31 Go to next message
rads18
I need the help of some experts

A region needs to be enhanced with some validations
In a Report Region it gets data from 2 tables, header and detail tables
And when the user selects/enables the checkbox a record and clicks on a button "accept" , it should check basically for 2 values from 2 different columns (col1.value1, col2.value1) , and each one has to be compared with a value from 2 different tables and the length of each of this value is always (2) , and compare it , if it exists then it should continue processing normally but if the matching value is not existing then it should mark that particular record with a # and give a message to the user that particular value is invalid.
As it is a report region, I am not sure how to get the existing column values from a report region and check it with the value in another table and where exactly should I write this code

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2011 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Page Processing Validations [message #501846 is a reply to message #488867] Fri, 01 April 2011 01:18 Go to previous message
dr.s.raghunathan
you can create one other html region where you can have page item with submit status. you shall write a conditional process and can jump to report region if the validation test is success.
Previous Topic: Reinstallation issue(1033.mst) in oracle XE.
Next Topic: File upload to database table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 02:05:28 CDT 2024