Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » ORACLE HTP TABLE, highlight table Row on mouseOver (9)
icon9.gif  ORACLE HTP TABLE, highlight table Row on mouseOver [message #457646] Tue, 25 May 2010 08:45 Go to next message
vrakesh_20
Hi All,
This is Rakesh a passionate Java/Oracle developer.
I'm very good at java/j2ee/oracle but i'm totally new to ORACLE HTP package or ORACLE WEB PL/SQL.

Currently in my project we are using table which we have created using oracle htp package. But the total number of rows in the table is huge and i find it very difficult to find which td corresponds to which row when i scroll till the end.

So i'm planning to highlight the table row on mouse hover.
It can be done very easily using java script and css and i found so many sites in google for this like say,
permadi.com/tutorial/cssHighlightTableRow/index.html

But now the real challenge is how to in corporate that CSS or javascript in to my ORACLE WEB PL/SQL CODE.

By googling, i found that we can make use of htp.style and htp.script functins for incorporating css or java script.

But inspite of trying desperately, i could not find out how do i highlight my table rows on mouse over.

Can some one please guide me regarding this and give me some sample code.

If any one can help me regarding this, i'll be really grateful to them.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
Re: ORACLE HTP TABLE, highlight table Row on mouseOver [message #457728 is a reply to message #457646] Tue, 25 May 2010 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
Unfortunately what you want to do is somewhat rare. In my reality which I admit may be different from other's realities, only 1 person in 1000 uses the Oracle HTP package to manually write their own web pages. Your best bet may be to put in a TAR to Oracle Corp via Metalink. If you ask the question you will eventually get someone who can point you to an example of how to do what you want, assuming it can be done.

Kevin
Re: ORACLE HTP TABLE, highlight table Row on mouseOver [message #457757 is a reply to message #457728] Tue, 25 May 2010 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Avoid using htp.style htp.table or whatever. All they do is print some string based on the parameters you pass in.

the htp package contans Procedures whereas htf contains Functions

htp.style is simply:
procedure style(cstyle in varchar2 character set any_cs) is
begin p(htf.style(cstyle)); end;

And it just calls htf.style which is:
function style(cstyle in varchar2 character set any_cs)
              return varchar2 character set cstyle%charset is
begin return ('<STYLE>'||cstyle||'</STYLE>'); end;

Seeing as you are familiar with HTML, CSS and javascript, just print the exact string you want with htp.p (p=print).

htp.p('<STYLE>
  ...whatever...
</STYLE>');

You'd still use specialized packages like owa_util.mime_header for html headers etc...
Re: ORACLE HTP TABLE, highlight table Row on mouseOver [message #457791 is a reply to message #457757] Wed, 26 May 2010 00:51 Go to previous message
vrakesh_20
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your quick replies.
I'll try those options and get back.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Calling an executable using javascript from a button
Next Topic: HTP package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:44:53 CDT 2024