Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Need to design new database..
Need to design new database.. [message #421854] Fri, 11 September 2009 03:10 Go to next message
abhi_shakya
I have the required tables ...but if i will create all the tables in the database itself ..it will take loads of time and will be harder to alter the definitions later..i also need to load same design in 20 servers...now give me the idea to design database using different tool where i mustnot create table in oracle itself..and work independently and then after completion i only need to run a script to create the required schemas and tables...
Re: Need to design new database.. [message #421860 is a reply to message #421854] Fri, 11 September 2009 04:12 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why do you think so? Designer can create everything you need, but you can always alter tables (or whatever you want to do) later by running a single statement (or put many of them into a script) such as ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN or CREATE INDEX or ...

Perhaps you could create a database and, once you are satisfied with it, distribute it over 20 servers using export/import utilities (or data pump, if available).
Previous Topic: Mass Installation Design
Next Topic: Simple Question About RDBMS Design - SQL - I Need Suggestion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:43:20 CDT 2024