Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » OBIEE table design - multiple fact data columns per record (OBIEE Version 10.2.0.1.31)
OBIEE table design - multiple fact data columns per record [message #413682] Fri, 17 July 2009 00:59 Go to next message
dkarp
I initially designed my fact table to have a single amount column and a number of other attribute columns that allow the table to be easily incorporated into a star schema.

The trouble is that when I join my Period dimension to the fact table in an OBIEE pivot table, I get repeating row groups, a group for each Period.Is there any way to compress this table so that all the data is grouped just once in the pivot table?

Please see the image I have attached below to explain what I mean.

The only way I know how to do this is a schema change to make the fact table design use 12 separate amount fields - one for each period as per:

MEASURE, JAN_AMT, FEB_AMT, MAR_AMT etc

Is there some way within OBIEE itself to not require this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Daniel

Re: OBIEE table design - multiple fact data columns per record [message #418799 is a reply to message #413682] Tue, 18 August 2009 10:17 Go to previous message
skooman
Did you set an aggregate rule for that measure (amount)?
If so, do you have any dimensions (hierarchies) set up? Anything less-usual there like level based measures defined?
Previous Topic: Moving OBIEE reports from Development to Production side
Next Topic: How to see the list of values in the repository?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:47:55 CDT 2024