Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Importing from CSV files (Oracle BI Administration Tool v10.1.3.4.0)
icon5.gif  Importing from CSV files [message #407306] Tue, 09 June 2009 09:22
carnold40
I am attempting to import several .CSV files (through the Administration Tool) and then join them in my Physical Layer. For most of my .CSV files, this works well. However, there are some .CSV files that have columns that are importing as the wrong data types.

For example, I'm importing an 'Org_ID' column where the rows are stored within the .CSV file as '##.##.##'. For some reason, when imported into my Physical Layer the column ends up being formatted in OBI as a DATETIME column (even though I have it formatted as 'General' within my CSV file). So if I go into the properties of my 'Org_ID' column and manually change the data type in the OBI Administation Tool to be VARCHAR (or any other data type for that matter), it seems to work. I click 'View Data...' and I'm able to see results.

HOWEVER if I then go into Answers and try to view this column, I get the following error:

View Display Error

Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW).

-Error Details
Error Codes: OPR4ONWY:U9IM8TAC:OI2DL65P

State: HY000. Code: 10058. NQODBC SQL_STATE: HY000 nQSError: 10058 A general error has occurred. nQSError: 46035 Datatype(TIMESTAMP) nullable(1) unicode(1) external char(0) conversion to datatype(VARCHAR) nullable(1) unicode(0) external char(0) is not supported. (HY000)
SQL Issued: SELECT "ORG_DIM.csv".org_id saw_0 FROM reorg ORDER BY saw_0

I have tried going into the .CSV files and changing the format of the columns. I have tried NOT defining my joins in my Physical Layer, and rather doing the joins in the Business Model & Mapping Layer. None of those things work.

Can anyone lend any good information on this?

Thank you,
Chris
Previous Topic: How to integrate Oracle BI Publisher via Web Services in Oracle Forms
Next Topic: Digital Signature in XML reports (apps)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:26:35 CDT 2024