Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » A question about oc4j and forms service (oracle application server, 10.1.0.2, linux 32bit)
A question about oc4j and forms service [message #387273] Wed, 18 February 2009 12:10 Go to next message
mlei@txi.com
Hi,

With the installation of Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle Forms Services 10g and Oracle Reports Services 10g are automatically installed and configured to deploy Oracle Forms applications to the web. The OC4J container Oracle uses is OC4J_BI_FORM. My question is can i created my own oc4j instance and then deploy my own forms/reports apps. What is the pros and cons?

Thanks for help.
-mike
Re: A question about oc4j and forms service [message #389942 is a reply to message #387273] Wed, 04 March 2009 04:29 Go to previous message
surendraocp
You can do that by running the Oracle Application Server Service Control.

Start > Programs > Oracle AS Home > Start Oracle Application Server Control

Generally the username is ias_admin
Passowrd is the password which u set at the time of installation.

The Enterprize manager screen appears. On your right hand side you can see "Create OC4J Instance". Click on this button and then click on Yes and the Instance will be created. It will appear in the list of items on the screen which you can check and start.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards
Surendra
Previous Topic: IAS migration from 9i to 10g
Next Topic: Issue in running Autoconfig in DB tier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:02:31 CDT 2024