Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » not getting connection from the client
not getting connection from the client [message #365024] Fri, 17 November 2000 01:13 Go to next message
Raj Kumar Singh
i have installed webdb on our NT machine and when i am typing URL address on the same machine , i am getting everything fine but when i am trying to type same URL address from another machine i am getting "page not found error".
i have checked our network connectivity to that machine is ok.
please help me how can i access webdb through another machine.
Re: not getting connection from the client [message #365030 is a reply to message #365024] Tue, 21 November 2000 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Selvakumar Chinnaswamy
hai,

Did you type the URl as follows on the client machine "http://server.domain.com/pls/portal30" that is the path for the web server. By the way which version of portal are you using.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards,
Selvakumar
Re: not getting connection from the client [message #365031 is a reply to message #365024] Wed, 22 November 2000 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raj Kumar Singh
i am using webdb 2.0.
i have typed in client http://taj.xyz.com:80/rajdb
where taj is our server host name
xyz.com is our domain name
80 is port number
rajdb is our DAD name

but i am not able to access this URL through client machine . when we are typing same URL on server machine we are getting the webdb site on the server.
please help me
regards.
Re: not getting connection from the client [message #365032 is a reply to message #365024] Wed, 22 November 2000 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Selvakumar Chinnaswamy
Hai,

From what you say, i feel that your client browser is dropping of port 80, since it is default and thats the problem. Configure your webdb to some other port say 7777, and restart the server. It should be working. I hope this works for you. If it works keep me informed.

Regards,

Selvakumar
Re: not getting connection from the client [message #365033 is a reply to message #365024] Thu, 23 November 2000 23:33 Go to previous message
webologist
this is only an issue with webdb 2.x, should not be an issue with the new Portal(webdb) 3.x, due to the Apache web server.

must use static IP not DHCP on the webdb server. if you have a static IP is the webdb server registered with you DNS, you will need to do this so that remote clients can get to it. to check if your webdb server is in DNS use the nslookup utility on the remote client
example: nslookup hostname.doamin.name

if it is not in DNS, then you will need to use the local hosts file on each client that needs to access the webdb server.

or you will need to start the webdb listener with an IP address. the webdb listener can only be started with hostname, hostname.domain or IP (only one of these)

you can start a 2nd webdb listener for testing.
from the DOS cmd line type the following

wdblsnr -console <yourIPaddress> 81 start
the DOS screen will appear to be locked. this is normal.

then from the client you should be able to get to the 2nd listener on port 81

if this works you can do 3 things, add to DNS or add to clients hosts file or modify your listener to listen via the IP address.

to make the change to use IP, you can do one of the following.
1_ change the webdb reference to HOSTNAME in the NT Registery
from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\OracleWebListener. under the Parmeter section change the hostname to the IP address.
Then you will need to restart the webdb listener from the NT Service under the Control Panel

or

from the DOS cmd line do the following.
1) wdblsnr -remove (this will remove it from the the NT registery)
2) reboot the server
3) wdblsnr -install <yourIPaddress> <port#> (this will add it back into the NT registery)
4) reboot again
5) check port # in the OracleWebListener Icon from the Control Panel, make sure that it is the port you typed in step 3 if not change it. sometimes you may see -0, not sure why.
6) check from the webdb server with browser that you can get to it using the IP
7) check from the client machine using the IP.

hope this works and helps.

-- gota Portal --
Previous Topic: Portal 3 Login error: WWC-41439
Next Topic: Problem in getting rid of default jpg file from WebDB site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:42:48 CDT 2024