Home » Infrastructure » Unix » How to find cobol using a specific table (PeopleSoft AIX)
How to find cobol using a specific table [message #335672] Wed, 23 July 2008 04:26 Go to next message
psoftneto
Hi all,
How can I check if a specific table is used on cobol programs ?
Can I simply do a grep table_name *.cbl ?
Thanks
Re: How to find cobol using a specific table [message #335801 is a reply to message #335672] Wed, 23 July 2008 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Can I simply do a grep table_name *.cbl ?

I don't know and can't test it (sounds like Unix, isn't it? Well, I don't have any). But you, obviously, might try and see what happens.

P.S. Forgot to mention; did you put this question into the "PeopleSoft, JD Edwards & Siebel" forum on purpose, or would you like us to move it somewhere else ("Precompilers, OCI & OCCI" or Unix, for example)?
Re: How to find cobol using a specific table [message #335915 is a reply to message #335801] Thu, 24 July 2008 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
psoftneto
Hi Littlefoot

I am using PeopleSoft on Unix. There are some cobols programs (.cbl and .DMS).
I don't know which forum can answer accurately to the question.
Thanks.
Re: How to find cobol using a specific table [message #335956 is a reply to message #335915] Thu, 24 July 2008 04:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oh, I see.

Although your question refers Oracle / PeopleSoft in a way, the main problem is "how to find a string in a Cobol program on Unix" and that's a pure Unix question.

Therefore, I'll move it over to Unix forum. I hope you'll get the answer there. Alternatively, you might find Unix-related forum (because "our" Unix forum deals with Oracle-related problems on Unix operating systems) and ask such a question there as - once again - your problem is not Oracle-related, but use of Unix as operating system (and its search capabilities).
Previous Topic: From FTP Site get the latest file
Next Topic: malloc returning NULL if freemem high & swapmem low
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:57:02 CDT 2024