Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export from Sql server and Import into Oracle 9i (Oracle 9i, Sun Solaris)
Export from Sql server and Import into Oracle 9i [message #329247] Tue, 24 June 2008 12:36 Go to next message
poratips
Hi,
I would like to run a daily job that will export the table data from SQL server table and Import back into Oracle table. I might need to run the query to update the flag back into sql server table once job is done.
Could you please guide me that how can i do this using either sql server or oracle?

We have oracle 9.2 and sql server 2005.

Normally i do from flat file or csv file which is generated by developer or user from source destination (not me) and i dump into oracle using sql*loader but this time I have to directly extract/export the data from MS Sql server and load into Oracle table, mostly it will reload so i might doing any massaging data during the load.
Is it sql sql*loader has any function that i can use the datasource to connect the MS Sql server and fetch the data and insert back data into oracle?
If you show me the detail approach, it will be really appreciated.
I have access to Sql server but i don't how to use sql server to do this or using oracle as a daily job even becuase have to schedule the job for this as it will be a daily job.

Thanks,
poratips
Re: Export from Sql server and Import into Oracle 9i [message #329812 is a reply to message #329247] Thu, 26 June 2008 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S.Rajaram
Check this link. It might be of help to you.

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/10893_3442661_2

Regards

Raj
Re: Export from Sql server and Import into Oracle 9i [message #330179 is a reply to message #329247] Fri, 27 June 2008 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mygr8r
If you're not opposed to using a 3rd party tool, you should check out the Data UpLoader to Oracle Database on this web site: http://pervasivedatatools.com. It allows you to map and transform data directly from SQL Server to Oracle.
Re: Export from Sql server and Import into Oracle 9i [message #333179 is a reply to message #330179] Thu, 10 July 2008 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poratips
Thanks evveryone for your kind response.

Appreciate it!

Regards,
poratips
Re: Export from Sql server and Import into Oracle 9i [message #542912 is a reply to message #333179] Fri, 10 February 2012 14:16 Go to previous message
Tomabr
DBCrane (www.bronzeage.us/downloads.html) will make your job a lot easier, especially when you have large amount of data and complex extraction rules.
Previous Topic: ORACLE EXP IMP problem
Next Topic: Parallel EXPORT & IMPORT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:05:49 CDT 2024