Home » Server Options » Data Guard » standby creation problem (rhel 9.2.0.4)
standby creation problem [message #320434] Thu, 15 May 2008 02:25 Go to next message
mbhavin

getting some problem while creating physical standby database
error is as follow

recover standby database until cancel:
error

incompatible media recovery
Re: standby creation problem [message #320449 is a reply to message #320434] Thu, 15 May 2008 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Will you start a new topic on the standby database suject at each problem you will find?
You opened about a dozen ones in the last couple of days, I think you should FIRST read the documentation from top to bottom and THEN try to create a standby database instead of trying to guess how to do it and waste our time.

Regards
Michel
Re: standby creation problem [message #320504 is a reply to message #320449] Thu, 15 May 2008 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mbhavin

it's because of u that i had opened dozen of the new topics at first when i started asking u question in the same topics by asking u this question , that problem for me was related to the tns error

following were the problem i mentioned

at the time of manual creation of the database i am getting this error ora-16032: parameter log_archive_dest_1 destination string cannot be translated
ora-07286:sksagdi:cannot obtain device information.
linux error:2: no such file or directory

and rather giving answer u send me following

Start a topic per question.
This one begins to be a real mess unusable for anyone else.
What is the relation between "error in tns connection", drop user, backup tables, error in database creation, "no such file or directory", tablespace recovery...

Regards
Michel

don't deny the fact it is said by you

and rather than looking at such minor detail why don't u give answer to my queries

i think this site is for helping the person who r in trouble solving the problem ,and can get a good respond

but more or less i get this kind of message to format the title,topics and what not

and you are senior i expect some solution from u , that's all nothing else , but i think u like to get annoyed rather than giving answer of my question

than also thanx for all the thing and world does not ends over here ok
Re: standby creation problem [message #320506 is a reply to message #320504] Thu, 15 May 2008 05:41 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
rather than looking at such minor detail why don't u give answer to my queries

Because they start to be too numerous and just show you didn't study the documentation BEFORE trying to do something.

Please don't use IM speak.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: step for creating physical standby database (merged)
Next Topic: Data Guard concept- Redo Transport Services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:44:39 CDT 2024