Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Allow access from UI and not from back-end (Oracle 11g and 12c)
Allow access from UI and not from back-end [message #671305] Tue, 21 August 2018 07:11 Go to previous message
sinpeak
Hello,

I chose the "Security" forum for this topic.
Forgive me if the topic is not relevant to Security and please guide me to the right forum.

Our product has Windows based GUI that connects to our Oracle database and invokes PLSQL procedures to perform certain business functions on the entity data.
So for e.g.
Function-A requires invocation of 3 PLSQL procedures in order.

So when the user clicks the Function-A button from the Windows GUI the GUI code will internally invoke the 3 PLSQL procedures in order.

Our client has a requirement where they want the user to perform the function from the GUI but do not want the same user to execute the related 3 PLSQL procedures by directly logging into the database ( from TOAD, PLSQL developer etc. ).

I cannot think of a way to do this in Oracle.
We could do this by adding an app/source input parameter and logic to the PLSQL procedure but I dont think this would be full-proof.
If anyone has any suggestions/approach to implement such a requirement, then please share.

Thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Database security issues
Next Topic: DBA_USER privilege
Goto Forum: