Home » RDBMS Server » Security » JDBC connections on TLS/2484 and TCP/1521 (Oracle 12g)
JDBC connections on TLS/2484 and TCP/1521 [message #670805] Thu, 26 July 2018 21:22 Go to previous message
tax_man
We have an Oracle 12g installation that came as bundled within another system, which is a Call Center application by Avaya.

The Avaya app can only connect to this Oracle RDBMS via unsecured TCP on port 1521 - it cannot support secure connections on TLS/2484. This Avaya app is up and running and successfully writing data to the DB.

We recently had another new external client app - call this app X - that wanted to connect via JDBC to the Oracle 12g instance. We set it up using a JDBC THIN driver and using TCP on 1521 - which is working OK.

However, we have been told that this connection from app X --> Oracle must be ENCRYPTED i.e. encryption-in-transit is a MUST, encryption-of-data-at-rest is NOT required. I imagine this would require app X to use TLS/2484 in the JDBC connection properties (as opposed to just TCP).

My question is - can the Oracle RDBMS be configured to support connections on both TCP and TLS concurrently? (from diff clients of course, as stated above) (I understand the port numbers may be configurable I am just referring to the commonly used ones of 1521 and 2484)

Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Authentication and passwordfile
Next Topic: AUDIT tracking for ROLLBACK and COMMIT