Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Authentication and passwordfile (Oracle database 12)
Authentication and passwordfile [message #670769] Wed, 25 July 2018 02:48 Go to previous message
madem
Hello

I need your help to understand what is passwordfile and how does it works ?
I know it's possible to connecter "as sysdba" or "as sysoper". Tell me if i'm wrong, but each user that have sysdba or sysoper system privileges can connect by specify "as sysdba" or "as sysoper" whitout enter a password (thank's to passwordfile), is it correct ?

So, if a set remote_password_file to exclusive, each user (i'm talking about os user) can connect to the database by using "sys as sysdba" ?

I read into the CIS that remote_password_file must be set to None, i just need to understand why.
I'm not rellay sure to uinderstand well about passwordfile authentication. Tell me if i'm wrong, but it's a file where password of each user who have privilege "sysdba /sysoper" are stocked ? And we use it to authenticate to the database whitout have to enter any password ?

So if you can help me to understand about passwordfile, it will be very nice Smile

Thank's Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Securing Marketing Automation
Next Topic: JDBC connections on TLS/2484 and TCP/1521
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:03:19 CDT 2024