Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » REPORTS_PATH Not being set (Weblogic 12c on Windows Server 2012 )
REPORTS_PATH Not being set [message #669392] Thu, 19 April 2018 10:54 Go to previous message
george_serghiou
Hi All,

i have written in here before with a similar username, but forgot my password and the password recovery procedure does not send me an email ! so i had to make another account !!! nevertheless nice to see you all..

I am having an issue with the REPORTS_PATH for weblogic.

my scenario is as follows.
on the weblogic server, i have created 3 configurations in formsweb.cfg with its respective .env file
so i have TEST, IMPL and DEV configuration sections and test.env, impl.env and dev.env environment file
each environment is 'pointed' to its own database on the dev database server.

i have a root folder and for each environment i have the forms and reports for each environment saved in its subfolder ie
D:\FORMS\TEST
D:\FORMS\IMPL
D:\FORMS\DEV

i am aware i can set the FORMS_PATH in various locations in both the Registry and the environment file (there is already an entry in the default environment file as well)

i am also aware that the environment FORMS_PATH will 'OVERWRITE' the registry FORMS_PATH (if its set in the env file) AM I CORRECT to assume this (this is my understanding from the ORACLE Docs)
nevertheless forms work ok for me for all 3 environments ..

the problem arises when i try to set the REPORTS_PATH.
once again, i am aware that its set in the registry. I read that it can be set in the rwbuilder.bat (for windows) and this will take precedence over the regisrty value if its specifie din the rwbuilder.bat.

I was under the impression that I can also set the REPORTS_PATH in the environment files for each configuration i have (DEV,IMPL,TEST)

however, if i set in in the environment file it DOESNT SEEM to have any effect. (my only way to test this at the moment is to rename some reports, AND/OR PLLs used by some reports and observe that i get the error that NO PLLs is found.

if i go to the URL http : // myweblogicserver:9002/reports/rwservlet/showenv?server=repserver then it ALWAYS shows me the registry setting .
i have tried to delete the registry entry, and surely enough if i hit the above URL the REPORTS_PATH is empty, but still the REPORTS_PATH set in the environment file has no effect, as when i try to run the reports i get the error that PLLs not found (as it does not traverse the folders specified in REPORTS_PATH in the env file)

I have read that i can implement the Dynamic Environment Switching where i saw an example specifically setting the REPORTS_PATH. Then you just have to pass the ENVID as OTHER PARAM when you call the run_report_object from forms and that should work.
Problem is, that the setup here does not use a 'shared' function to call the run_report_object so we would have to go in all forms and make the change (if indeed this would solve my problem)

so long story short. Can you declare the REPORTS_PATH in the environment file. If so, are there any other settings that would prohibit it from being in effect ????

(another way i thought is to create 3 standalone report server, and for each one specify a DeaultENVid with the REPORTS_PATH set there for each configuration)
But i would like to see if i can set the REPORTS_PATH in each env file and how to make it effective !!!

Sorry for the long post,

Hope someone shed some light !!!

Thanks,
George

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Not Found OracleJSP: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Set the init-param debug_mode to "true" to see t
Next Topic: Application Tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:24:06 CDT 2024