Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RMAN duplicate nopen from 11g to 12c fails (oracle 12.1.0, windows server 2008)
RMAN duplicate nopen from 11g to 12c fails [message #667839] Fri, 19 January 2018 10:25 Go to previous message
aviana
Hi I followed procedure to duplicate database from 11.2.0.3.0 to 12.1.0 using RMAN.

Followed the document Oracle support Doc reference-Upgrade to 12c (12.1 /12.2) through RMAN Duplicate using BACKUP LOCATION with NOOPEN clause (Doc ID 2022820.1) as it is similar.

The duplication worked fine until the end and I followed all steps inclusing post upgrade tasks.

But now I am unable to open the database .When trying to open, it comes up with a error (I already did alter database open resetlogs upgrade and it worked but I am unable to connect to any schemas after this, as its warning I can only connect as sysdba.So I shut down the database, mounted& tried alter database open and error is coming)

SQL> alter database open;

SQL> alter database open;

alter database open

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

ORA-00704: bootstrap process failure

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2

ORA-00904: "I"."UNUSABLEBEGINNING#": invalid identifier

Process ID: 7488

Session ID: 6 Serial number: 60620

Please can someone see this before?any easy way to fix this? How can I open the newly duplicated 12c database now(its a UAT environment)

RMAN upgrade from one version to other, is a oracle recommended method from 11g to 12c.

I did not try the same version RMAN duplication and then upgrade because we had space issues to install both versions of oracle in UAT

Please help to fix the above.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: transportable database windows to linux
Next Topic: Is there anyway that I can append dbid at the end of a controlfile trace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:09:13 CDT 2024