Home » Server Options » Replication » Cannot create 2 different users on database to handle extract and replicat operations. (Oracle : 12.1.0.2.5 Golden GAte:12.2.0.1.0)
Cannot create 2 different users on database to handle extract and replicat operations. [message #648670] Mon, 29 February 2016 04:19 Go to previous message
sgchandak
Hi,

I want to create 2 different golden gate schemas on my oracle database for a bi-directional replication rather than just creating a single ggadmin user for taking care of both the operations.

At the start I created a single schema named ggadmin and have executed the following scripts:
a. @marker_setup.sql (when prompted enter "ggadmin")
b. @ddl_setup.sql (when prompted enter "ggadmin" and "INITIALSETUP")
c. @role_setup.sql (when prompted enter "ggadmin")
d. grant GGS_GGSUSER_ROLE to ggadmin;
e. @ddl_enable.sql

But now, I dnt want to make things complex and my seniors have advised me to create ggextract and ggreplicat users on both the databases. SO I created new users and different tablespaces for this users, ran the above scripts but I got the following error when I executed the second sql .... @ddl_setup.sql

SQL> @ddl_setup.sql

Oracle GoldenGate DDL Replication setup script

Verifying that current user has privileges to install DDL Replication...

You will be prompted for the name of a schema for the Oracle GoldenGate database objects.
NOTE: For an Oracle 10g source, the system recycle bin must be disabled. For Oracle 11g and later, it can be enabled.
NOTE: The schema must be created prior to running this script.
NOTE: Stop all DDL replication before starting this installation.

Enter Oracle GoldenGate schema name:ggextract

Working, please wait ...
Spooling to file ddl_setup_spool.txt

Checking for sessions that are holding locks on Oracle Golden Gate metadata tables ...

Check complete.

BEGIN
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-20783:
ORA-20783:
Oracle GoldenGate DDL Replication setup:
*** INITIALSETUP used, but DDLREPLICATION package exists under different schema (GGADMIN). Please use ddl_remove.sql to
remove DDL installation from that schema first
ORA-06512: at line 26

Can anyone please suggest whether or not we can create 2 different users ggexgtract and ggreplicat instead of a single golden gate user. And if yes then what I am doing wrong or missing over here because I am setting GG for first time and I dont know will executing ddl_remove.sql will help, because if ggextract is created the same error then would prompt when I run ddl_setup.sql through ggreplicat user.

Thanks,
Sagar

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Rowid ORACLE Golden Gate
Next Topic: golden gate replication to partitioned table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:46:51 CDT 2024