Home » Applications » Other Application Suites » SAP related questions (SAP All In One)
SAP related questions [message #351735] Thu, 02 October 2008 15:12 Go to previous message
evkqdi
I am aware of the fact that folks in the SAP world like to keep their eyes on their competition (Oracle solutions), so I am striving to do the same the other way. I would be very interested to know your opinion about the following questions regarding SAP All-In-One, as I am not that familiar with this solution. I read quite a few posts on different sap forums and sites but I didn't find much real life experience about AIO..

1. First of all is my understanding of SAP All-In-One correct: SAP AIO is actually a MySAP solution but AIO is 99% preconfigured. The more customers start to play around with the configurations, the more the implementation becomes a MySap implementation rather than a SAP AIO (regarding time and costs). So to sum up, mostly companies who accept the industry standard processes will go with the AIO, otherwise MySAP might be a better solution (in general).

2. What is the difference between MySap and SAP All-In-One regarding manpower and upgrade costs? So: Does SAPs All-In-One solution require an in-house database administrator too? Is the upgrade process of SAP All-In-One similar to MySAP (usually an upgrade is more likely a re-implementation)? In case of SAP All-In-One doesn’t the maintenance cover significant part of the upgrade?

3. For pricing I checked the SAP All-In-One Solution Configurator Tool (http://www.configurator.ch/dojo/apps/us/solution-configurator-v015.jsp?lang=en). The tool limits the number of employees between 10 and 400, and the number of users between 10 and 70. Do you know why?! As far as I know All-In-One can be implemented in larger companies as well… Or am I wrong?! Do you have an idea how to get started with the calculations if the numbers I want to check are higher than 400 / 70?

Regards,

Peter

[Updated on: Thu, 02 October 2008 15:13]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Batch Overview Document for Retail Sales Audit
Next Topic: Why SAP recommends HASH_JOIN_ENABLED = FALSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:57:52 CDT 2024